3.

I nearly fall over and whack my head all over again when I get outside the hospital. LONDON?! I'm not even living in Wolvo anymore. The mind boggles - how did I get from nerding it out in my mothers basement to sexing it up in the capital. I assume that's what I'm doing here with this woman hanging on my arm for dear life.

I hope we haven't been together long because she is starting to get on my nerves. 'It'll only take a few minutes to get home in a taxi. I've called Paul to come around and help you get a sense of everything whilst I go to work. I'll be back later tonight, and we can snuggle down in bed and maybe stir up some of those memories.' It sounds like she lives with me. Oh Christ, help me.

'And Paul is?' Never met a Paul before. Not even a hint of familiarity.

'My friend silly, he works for me. You might remember when you see him.' Nothing. Zip. We hop in a taxi, and it's not long before we pull up outside our place. How do I afford the rent on a place like this? Maybe she's rich?

'Anything?'

'Nope. Sorry.' She looks so upset that I actually give her a kiss on the cheek. It's a sort of patronising kiss like one would give to a child, but it brightens her up a bit.

We walk inside, and it is like nothing I would have ever picked for a place. All creams and beige's and no hint of a personality. 'Do we rent this?' I have to know.

'Haha, silly. We own it. Together.' My whole gut feels like it's twisting into knots. I am fully committed to this woman, and I don't really like her. She seems ok but so not my type.

'Hmm. Maybe I'll remember something when I meet this Paul later.' She smiles at me and hovers by the door. 'Oh yes, you have work. Erm... sorry to ask this, but what do you do?'

'I sell properties. And the evening is my busy time when everyone has finished work and can actually turn up for viewings. So... Bye then.' She does an awkward shuffle like she is expecting something but gives up and walks out the door.

Alone, I start to wander around the place. It really doesn't seem like somewhere I would want to live. For one, there is no sign of life here. There are a few staged photos up on the fireplace, but not a lot else. The kitchen looks straight out of a catalogue and clearly doesn't get used much.

Surely the bedroom will be more personal? Nope. I nearly walk straight back out, thinking it's a guest room, until I spot a ladies' dresser covered in make-up and jewellery in the corner.

Apparently, I have no taste in clothes anymore either. I am currently wearing a plain white t-shirt and black trousers. The wardrobe is along a similar vain, full of plain coloured clothes, all very tailored and expensive. My underwear is just as boring - there isn't even a pair of joke socks or novelty underwear.

After that insightful walk, I search high and low around the house for something, anything. It's like we barely live here. No dvd's or books or trinkets. I sense we spend a lot of time out of here.

My tummy rumbles, and I head into the kitchen. After a very brief cupboard raid, I find nothing but healthy stuff. Smoothies, salads, tons of bottled water, and a few rice crackers. Really?! I'm a grown man, and there is no food here fit for a small child, let alone me.

The doorbell rings, and I welcome the break from the twilight zone. An older, short, bald man is waiting outside. Is this really Paul? One way to find out. I open the door. 'Paul?'

'Right you are. Don't tell me I'm the first thing you rememba. You have a strappin' bird with a crackin' bod and you only rememba the bald ugly git.' He is sooooo not what I expected. Very cockney and common. Maybe there is some personality in my life, after all.

'Unfortunately, no. I took a guess.' I reply eventually. 'Quick question, the birds name is? I feel horrible having to ask, but I don't think she quite gets the fact I lost my memory.'

'Tiffany.' I can sense sympathy in his eyes. 'She is 'armless. She might seem a bit... well... you know, to speak to but she is very intelligent when it comes to business.'

'So what do you do with her then? I understand you work together and that you are friends.' I like Paul. He is easy to talk to, and I think he is making some effort to understand what I may be thinking right now.

'I maintain 'er properties. Nuffin fancy as you can tell by my luv-ly accent, but she is a great boss. Gave me a chance when I was avin' no luck elsewhere. Friends ever since.'

'Don't tell Tiffany I asked this, but what the hell is up with this place? Do we actually live here or just sleep here or something? There is no sign of life.'

He is a bit sheepish, and I can tell he really doesn't want to answer. 'Well, it's not really my place to say, but I understand you like it like this. Both of ya. She, er, does like to have her own way, but this was all your idea when you first moved in. Asked me to do it yourself ya did.' Wow, that did surprise me. Not that she likes to have her own way but that I'd purposefully want a place like this.

'Hmmph. Oh well. My next question. Where is the grub? I'm starving, and I can't live off rice crackers.'

Paul burst into laughter. It's contagious because I find myself chuckling along, although I have no idea why. 'Can't live off rice crackers, eh? Well, ya certainly did a good job of it before you banged ya head.'

'Excuse me?' I did?

'You an Tiff' are well healthy. She 'as always been a fitness freak and into 'ealthy stuff. You go to the gym all the time yaself - although Tiff' did get you onto this 'ealthy eating crap.' News to me, but I did wonder how I got this body.

'How long have we been together? Sounds like you have been around since the start.'

'4 years or so. You only moved here a year or so ago, though. If you ask me, it was Tiff wanting more from ya, but she'd kill me for sayin' it.'

'You're a very honest man. You can stay.' I chuckle. He feels just like a dad, I can see why Tiffany keeps him around.

'Very good of ya mate. Now 'ow about we go an get some grub in ya eh? I can take you to the local caff'. I'm sure ya diet will be ok for one day.'

'Lead the way, my man.' I may not remember anything yet, but this guy would have definitely been someone I liked - There is something so warming about him. I feel like I've made a new old friend already.