Chapter 1

"Carmen, Anne is here to talk to you." I hear my mom say.

Anne is our neighbor. She has three kids of her own. Her youngest is Harry, then Lauren, and her oldest son who is my age, Ashton. She doesn't really trust him with his siblings, so, she comes to me to take care of Lauren and Harry whenever needed. They usually come over while Ashton stays at their house.

I head downstairs to the dining room where I already see my mom offered her a glass of champagne.

"I'm inviting your mom to go on a girls night out tonight and I was wondering if you could watch Lauren and Harry." Anne explains to me.

"Of course."

"You can invite Alex over if you would like." my mom says.

"Knowing him he'll want to come over."

"Well, I'll send them over at about five. Same amount I usually give you." Anne explains.

"Yeah, sounds great." I say.

"Alright, see you then."

I then head up to my room. My window is open. When I look out the window I see Ashton at his. He suddenly closes his blinds. I've never heard that guy speak once. We go to two seperate schools and we never hangout.

I grab my phone and text Alex to come over anytime this evening. We've been dating for six months now. Surprisingly, longest relationship I've had.

He comes over at around one and at this point, my mom has left the house for a job interview. So, in the house it's just Alex and I. My dad would be here but he passed away when I was five and I'm an only child.

"So, what are we going to do for the next two hours?" he asks placing his forehead on mine lightly laying kisses on my face. We're in my room just standing in the middle of the room.

"Well, you and I can watch a movie then we can get stuff for dinner tonight." I explain wrapping my arms around his neck. He then started messing with the bottom of my shirt. "Alex, I told you, I don't want that. I'm not like your past girlfriends."

"Sorry." he says.

"It's fine."

Ashton's POV

"We're going over to Carmen's house tonight. Did you know she has a boyfriend?" my little brother Harry explains. I'm ignoring him by playing Grand Theft Auto. "Are you going to come over for once?"

"Nope. I'd rather stay over here and play video games with the guys." I explain.

"Whatever. I think you would want to be friends with her if you met her."

"Nope."

That's all my brother talks about whenever they're about to go next door. Saying how I should meet her for once or we should be friends. Honestly, I'd rather play video games. I've purposely avoided her. Mainly because the last time I met a new girl, I got hurt. And that's all I'm afraid of right now.

"Harry, go over with your sister next door. Ashton, I want you off the video games by three in the morning." my mom says barging into the room.

"Yeah, sure." I say before she walks out of the room.

Carmen's POV

Once both kids were over my mom left. Alex and I then started making some dinner for the kids. Mac and cheese with hot dog slices in it. It just makes an easy dinner.

"Carmen, what are we going to do tonight?" Lauren asks.

"We're going to watch a movie." I explain as we eat dinner. After finishing and having Alex clean dishes and put them away.

I grab the movie Big Hero 6 because some how it's a movie everyone likes. I cuddle with Alex on the couch while both kids lay on the floor.

During the scene where Hiro teaches Baymax how to fist bump, Harry and Lauren do the fist bump. It was hilarious and quite adorable actually.

By the end of the movie, it was only seven in the evening. Knowing my mom and Anne, they won't be back till like ten o'clock at night. Maybe even later. So, we start a campfire in the backyard.

"Hey, do you guys want to invite your brother over?" I ask Lauren and Harry.

"Knowing him he doesn't want to come over. He never wants to do anything but play video games." Lauren explains.

"Well, that's his loss. He missed out on smores." Alex explains pulling me closer to him.

We cook smores for the time we have a camp for before heading back into the house. At this point, it's nine o'clock at night. Both kids started getting tired, so, we laid some blankets and pillows on the floor for them. They both fall asleep once their heads hit the pillows. So, Alex and I watch a chick flick picked out by me. I chose The Vow. It's slightly depressing because Leo's wife Paige has memory loss after a car crash and he has to express his love to her all over again.

Eleven rolls around pretty quickly and my mom and Anne walk into the house. Both kids still asleep.

"Thank you so much, Carmen. Here's your payment and, Alex if you could carry Lauren or Harry that'd be great." Anne says as Alex stands up to help get Harry up. They both then carry both kids to the house next door.

"Well, how were they?" my mom asks.

"Great, as usual. We had a camp fire and tried inviting Ashton over but, Lauren said he won't come over as long as there's video games over there." I explain.

"Good."

Alex then walks back into the room.

"I need to get home. It's getting late." He says before pecking my lips.

"No, just let your mom know you'll be here for the night. I'll let you stay as long as you don't have any funny business with Carmen. Got it?" my mom says.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Now, I'm headed to bed. It's been a long night." my mom says walking out of the room. I change into pajamas before meeting with Alex in the living room.

"So, are we sleeping out here or where?" he asks.

"We can sleep in my room." I say before we walk into my room. I close the blinds before walking back over to the bed where Alex is.

"I love you." he says pulling me close to him. His really light brunette hair is in a mess. His hazel eyes are a little droopy and filled with sleep.

"I love you too." I say.

He places his lips on mine before wrapping his arms around my hips. I then pull away and he has this look of worry on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"I don't know, something seems different." I explain shaking my head.

"I can take your mind off of it." he says.

"Are you sure? Remember what I said earlier." I warn him.

"Of course. You don't need to worry, baby." he says.

My mom's one rule broken that very night.

Ashton's POV

"Ash, it's time to shut down for the night." my mom says walking in.

"Right, just let me finish this boss." I say.

"Hand me the remote." I then pause the game and hand her the remote. She defeats the boss quicker than I was able to. "Lights out."

I somewhat manage to turn off the system for the day.