Chapter 15

Wrapping my coat tighter around me, I walked into the club.

The sight that greeted me second time round definitely did not disappoint.

This time bodies lay sprawled out in random areas of the room, most lay completely knocked out cold while others unsuccessfully attempted to get up.

Stepping carefully over the bodies, I screamed as my leg is suddenly grabbed hold of by a pair of cold hands and dragged down to the grimy floor.

"Please let me go, I'll give you anything you want, money, credit cards anything!" I begged, desperately attempting to pry the drunkard's hands from my leg.

A loud laugh stops me short. "Come on princess, I thought you'd have a little more guts than that."

Realising who the pervert is, I quickly get up, collecting any ounce of dignity I had left.

"That wasn't funny." I mutter unimpressed.

"No, it was absolutely hilarious. Lighten up princess, you're just as stuck up as your husband." I wince as an unexpected hand his slapped hard on my back.

I glare at the infuriating man. "Can we just discuss why I am here." Not interested in having any form of informal conversation with him.

"Of course." As he leads me to our table, I let out of string out a curse words at his unfading smile.

"I have big news Princess, the type of news that makes you want to throw a knife into the wall kind of news." I stare worriedly at him, the huge smile spread across his face, certainly meant that I would walk out of here in tears.

"What news?" I asked unsure if I even wanted an answer.

"Open this." Handing me a yellow file, I peered at the sealed paper nervously, yellow was never a good sign.

I read out the bold letters, spread across the middle of the paper. Casper: OFR. "What does that mean?" I pointed to the title.

He simply smirked at me. "If I told you, I'd have to kill you." That shut me up, for once I actually believed that overused line.

"Are-are you Casper?" I asked, hoping he would at least give me an answer to the question.

He nodded, giving me an unreadable look. It made me uncomfortable.

"Really?" My eyes widened in shock. Casper? Who would have thought?

"I know you were expecting something like Hunter, Slade or even Mad Dog. Well sorry to disappoint, I have a completely normal name." He chuckled, downing a glass of wine in one gulp. Unmannerly taking mine, he downed it as well.

I held my hands up in surrender. "No offense intended, I just expected something a little more-"

"Tough? Chilling?"

I looked down and nodded.

Signalling for another glass I watched as he took another glass of wine. "Don't you think, your having a little too much?"

He waved off my question. "Whether I get drunk tonight or not is none of your concern Princess."

I shrugged, immediately dropping the matter, why should I care anyway?

"Now take a look, please." Pushing the file closer to me, Casper winked slyly before signalling that I open it.

Swallowing the huge lump in my throat, I unopened the envelope and took out the paper inside.

Scanning through its contents, I found nothing out of the ordinary, until something caught my eye. Marriage Agreement was printed in bold letters at the bottom of the page with Demetrius'signature beside it.

Frowning I read the paper a second time, making sure to read through the terms and conditions.

1. Marriage will last a maximum of 6 months.

2. Demetrius will not have any children with Sophia.

3. When the divorce is finalised, Demetrius will leave Greece.

4...

I couldn't read anymore, every single term and condition caused an onslaught of tears to flood down my cheeks.

Slamming the paper onto the table, I didn't care to notice the sudden silence that invaded the club.

"What is this?" I cried, flinging the paper at Casper.

"It's a business agreement."

"For what?" I shakily stood up, staring Casper right into his eyes, begging him not to lie to me. I couldn't take it, the pain would eat me whole.

"For...your marriage." I watched surprised at the genuine remorse he had in his eyes, it didn't last long as the heartbreak began to knaw away at my being, irradiating any other emotion I would have felt.

Laying a hand softly on my chest I asked one more question. "What was the agreement?"

Casper actually grimaced, he opened his mouth to speak but only a soft sigh came out. It was pity. Pity for me.

"I don't know."

I sadly nodded, by now the tears had began to spill freely.

"You really shouldn't drink so much, its bad for you." I barely whispered to Casper before turning around and walking away, the music and flashing lights all seemed a blurry a mess.

"Princess!" I heard him shout but I didn't turn around, I didn't want to, I didn't want to do anything.

Running out of the club, I ran into the streets, the town I had been so familiar with seemed like a maze as I struggled to find my way home. Shoving past people I continued to run, continued to cry. The pain was scalding, it burnt my insides and clawed its way to my heart. Latching into it like a leech, sucking away at my soul, my humanity. I was so sad.

Furiously wiping away at my eyes, I no doubt left ugly red marks across the skin. Nonetheless, I plastered a smile on my face and opened the door.

As soon as I announced my arrival, Demetrius came charging at me. "You come and go whenever you please, you don't text or call. You have now started lying to me Sophia, it's like you don't care anymore!"

"Lie? When did I lie?" Just looking at his face made all the horrible memories begin to surface but I wouldn't let him see me cry.

"I called Cassandra, after she gave me a long lecture about our 'doomed' marriage she told me you guys haven't talked sine last month when you had an argument. I don't even know who you go around with." I knew that look, it made him transparent, even to me, I knew exactly what he was thinking.

I blinked twice. "What are implying Demetrius?

He ran a frustrated hand through his hair and sighed, reluctant to ask. "Sophia, are you seeing another man?" Staring at Demetrius, I remained emotionless. I didn't start voicing my innocence or plead with him to be believe me. I stayed silent.

Looking him square in the eyes, I searched into his beautiful emerald orbs and asked the one question I have longed to hear the answer to. "Do you love me?"

He seemed taken aback by my abrupt question and I became even more anxious for an answer.

"Sophia I-"

Before he could finish his sentence, a hoarse voice interrupted us.

"I call, you don't answer. I text, you don't reply. What does an old man have to do to get hold of his daughter?"

I cringed, looking at the man limping towards us with a bottle of champagne in his right hand.

Dad.

Hey guys!

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter and the little surprise I put in :D What will happen next?

What do you think OFR stands?

What do you think the agreement was for?

Let me know your thoughts! Please remember to vote and comment :)

Until next time...

Janelle :)