Chapter 9

"M-my name?"

"Yes miss, your name is required if we are to carry forward with your application."

"Erm..." I looked to the right and noticed a coupon for Betsy's Bakery. "My-my name is Betsy." I nodded as if I was confirming to myself it was indeed my name.

"Surname?"

"Roberts." I answered automatically.

"Ok, thank you for your application, we will get back to you within 3 days, confirming appointment date and time-"

"Can you contact me through email please?"

"Of course, miss Roberts."

"Thank you...goodbye."

"Goodbye Miss Roberts."

I ended the call and let out a huge sigh of relief, I thought for sure I would be busted when it took me longer than 3 seconds to say my own name.

Seeking the help of a psychiatrist was the only solution I had left since Demetrius has now resulted to asking me if I'm okay every ten seconds.

I know he sees me as a lunatic who won't stop fainting and I aim to ridicule that image he has of me.

Even if it means admitting to myself that I have a problem.

****

I looked up nervously at the wooden door in front of me, it's metal knob reflected the sun beautifully. I rubbed my sweaty palms onto the fabric of my shirt and knocked on the door.

I had managed to get through the embarrassment of walking into the building wearing my pyjamas, this therefore should be a piece of cake.

I adjusted my wig, hoping my disguise wasn't too noticeable.

"Come in." I barely heard the woman's voice; holding the door knob I took a deep breath before entering the room.

"Mrs Danty?" I asked, standing awkwardly at the doorway of her office.

"Yes, come in. Mrs Roberts I presume?" I nodded.

"Take a seat." I gave her a small smile before sitting down on the comfortable sofa.

"Let's start with the reason you came here." She brought out a small clipboard and pen and waited for me to begin speaking.

I looked up at the woman in front of me, she was skinny and very beautiful, her almond coloured eyes appeared almost cat like in the sun and her long brunette hair flowed elegantly to her chest. She couldn't be more than thirty five.

"Well, it's quiet stupid really." I wringed my hands together and laughed humorously. "I cry whenever my husband touches me and on one occasion I even fainted."

She didn't share my lame attempt for amusement instead she only nodded and began to write on her clipboard.

"Can you tell me why you begin to cry?"

I took a deep breath before answering the question. "On our vacation to Caribbean, my husband caught me talking to another man, he misunderstood and started to attack the innocent person..." I couldn't finish my sentence, I took out a tissue and began to wipe my eyes as they filled with tears.

Mabel softly patted my leg as a sign of comfort and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Sorry to ask, but is the first time this has happened?"

"No." I whispered.

She only nods and begins to write more in her clipboard.

"Is there anything that sparks this reaction?"