Chapter 14

Is it wrong if I thought of leaving, even for a second?

Would that make me wicked and selfish?

Would that make me exactly like him?

Carelessly destroying life you could have easily preserved.

What if I did choose to leave?

Would I come back home the next day to find my husband alive and well?

I refused to answer the question, the thought alone made me weak and afraid, it made me feel powerless because even though Demetrius feels he is the one protecting me. I am protecting him.

Deciding to turn my phone on, I wasn't surprised at the 78 missed calls and 112 messages. I didn't bother to read any of them, I knew exactly what he had to say to me and trust me, it was not pleasant.

Walking slowly to the home that would certainly be hell soon, I looked around the beautiful country that is Greece and savoured this moment of freedom because after today I would be in maximum detention. In other words the only places I will see is our room and the kitchen.

Time flew all too quickly and before I was ready, I was standing in front of my home. Taking a deep breath, I turned the door knob and entered.

"You're early."

Whizzing around I saw an emotionless Demetrius walking towards me.

"Demetrius I can explain-"

"Spare me your lies." Feeling slightly hurt, I closed my mouth.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say since Demetrius refused to listen to any explanation I had.

"Your apologies mean nothing to me Sophia." If I wasn't hurt before, I certainly was now.

I looked up at him, hurt evident in my eyes yet he made all attempt to avoid eye contact.

"Fine, if that's how you feel." Barely managing to finish my sentence due to the huge lump in throat. I walked away from him, knowing I had nothing left to say to him.

Suddenly I felt Demetrius' rough hands grab my wrist and spin me around, straight onto his chest.

"What I want Sophia, is answers." He grabbed me by the hips, pulling me even closer to his warmth. "And you are going to give them to me."

Putting my hands on his chest to create some distance between us, I answered. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

I saw the clench of his jaw, the increasing hold he had on my hips and the sudden feel of air as I was lifted off the ground and over his shoulders.

"Demetrius, what do you think, you are doing? Put me down right now!"

He didn't answer me until we arrived at the room. Putting me down on the bed, he leaned casually on the wall opposite, simply smirking at me.

I cast him a suspicious look. "What?"

"I want answers." He shrugged, I glared at him.

"I don't have any."

"Suit yourself, I'll get it out of you another way."

I stared at him in confusion and panic, backing away from his advancing figure. "Demetrius what are you doing?"

"I think you already know what I'm doing."

I gasped as the silver metal caught my eye, I knew exactly what he was planning, a year later I still remember the consuming pleasure I had felt as we played his favourite game 'Question and Answer.' It was something we did very rarely but every time we did, it only got better and better.