Chapter 7 Last Member

Chapter 7      Last Member

Mitchie Sky > Saturday   September 19

            “Can you please tell me the name of the band? I’m like, dying to know since last Monday.” I say. I’m currently at Nikki’s house to simply hang out and discuss the situation about Will and the band.

            “I’m not telling until we have our last member.” She says. Worth the shot, I guess.

            “When would that be? The deadline of entries is this Monday.”

            “Say what?!” she yells instantly. “This Monday? Why is it so soon?” she says worriedly.

            “Don’t blame me. Blame my cousin.”

            “Curse you, Rick!” she says to practically no one. And it’s not Rick you’re suppose to blame.

            “Blame my other cousin.”

            “Curse you, Nick!” she says, after realizing her mistake.

            I sigh. Whatever should I do to her? She’s a really person. First, she won’t tell me the name of the band. Second, the total lie about Renee’s dancing skills or whatever.

            And right at that very minute, that exact second when I thought about Renee, she then slams open the door to Nikki’s bedroom and yells, “Konichiwa desu!” I bet you know who yelled those weird words.

            “Renee! How the heck can you show up at the most unexpected moment?” I shout.

            “How did you even know where I live?” Nikki asks. “That’s like so creepy!” she adds.

            Then I see something even creepier. “Why is there a… a…” I mutter and point at Renee’s back.

            “Oh, him?” she asks, looking at her back. Luke is lying there with one of his eyes half-closed and there’s saliva coming out of his mouth. It’s like his dead or something. I hope not.

“He’s just unconscious.” Renee reassures.

“Why?” Nikki asks skeptically.

            “I rather not tell.” She says, looking away. It’s probably a childish reason for her not to say it

            “Then tell me why you’re here, in my house and in my bedroom.” Nikki eyes her suspiciously.

            “Well, to simply put it, I saw the two of you outside the window while I was taking a walk with Luke and figure you won’t mind me barging in and your mother let me in and I wonder why Mitchie is here then I thought maybe Mitchie doesn’t believe about my secret stuff and I also want to ask Nikki about the name of our band and I was bored so why not?” she explains in an unbelievably speed that I barely understand her.

            “Nice tongue you got there.” Nikki says sarcastically. I don’t think Nikki understands anything Renee says at all.

            “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

            We lay the half-dead Luke to Nikki’s bed when there’s a knock on the door. Now that’s the correct way of entering someone’s bedroom.

            Nikki goes to open the door when she jumps back in fright. Great! One surprise after another,

            “Hey ladies!” Rick says, taking a bow. Will simply hides behind Rick’s back. He must be thinking why he is standing on a girl’s bedroom. Poor guy…