Chapter 4 Seven Members

• Dedicated to Chinarah Tayamora

Chapter 4      Seven Members

Mitchie Sky > Monday September 14

            I cannot believe that I’m carrying this keyboard Nikki bought for me on my birthday to school.  I also still cannot believe that I just agree whatever Nikki announced on my birthday. And I even still cannot believe that Nikki, a new student, will even think about forming a band all by herself on my birthday.

What’s going to happen next? Rick will learn how to play a musical instrument? Ha! Very funny, like the heck that will happen.

 ..........................................................................................................................................................

            “How the heck did this happen?!”

            “You don’t have to scream like a crazed maniac you know.” Nikki says, while covering her ears.

            “This is so not possible. I must be having a bad dream, a bad dream, yeah, just a bad dream. Hehehe…” I must have gone mad, crazy and madder. AAAAHHH!!!

            “Is it really weird for me to learn how to play a bass?” Rick asks.

            “Of course it is! One of the biggest nerd in school learning how to play a bass, it’s unthinkable!”

            “You’re one to talk. You’re the one who even agreed to this.”

            “Agree to what?”

            “Agree to form a band with me and be my keyboardist, while Rick here decided to learn how to play a bass and be our bassist.” Nikki says as a matter-of-factly.

            “Just please tell me why you want to do this.”

            “Because of Luna saying that being cool and popular is a lot worse than being the biggest loser in school. Well, I’ll show her.” Nikki says. I think I just saw her eyes burning with rage. But still, I don’t understand why she’s so angry at Luna. Everyone is supposed to admire her.

            Nikki sees my expressionless look, sighs and says “Fine. I’ll tell you what happened between me and Luna last Friday.”

 ..........................................................................................................................................................

Rosey Ancelet > Monday   September 14

           Luna is still smiling ever since last Friday, not a forced smile or an evil one, but a real happy smile.

            “Are you going to smile all day or you’re going to tell your best friend about your good mood?” I ask Luna while waiting for class to begin.

            “Nothing much…” she says sheepishly. It’s so darn obvious that’s she’s hiding something.

          “Would you please tell your bestest friend in the world what on earth happened to you last Friday? You’ve been sort of depressed since last week, until now. Not that it’s a bad thing of course.”

            “Okay, I’ll tell you. You know that I literally run for my life last Friday because I left my songs here, right?” she asks.

            I nod. That’s the reason why I was stuck watching Cynthia going gaga over Nick. It’s a little sickening, I have to admit.