Chapter 2 A New Classmate

Chapter 2      A New Classmate

Katy Hale > Tuesday   September 8

            What will it be? What will it be? What will it be-be-be-bee…? Should I choose to be with my sister’s snotty friends or forever be lonely?

            Definitely be forever lonely. I just cannot stand to be with her. I guess I’ll just bear to be forever the new girl in a new, private school.

           *Sigh*

.............................................................................................................................                                                                                                            

Nikki Collins > Tuesday   September 8

            Where on earth is locker 468? I can’t find that thing anywhere in this school!

            It’s only the second day of school and I still can’t find that stupid locker. If I don’t find that locker soon, I’ll be going home with an elephant behind my back again.

            Where is Mitchie when I need her? Just because she all of a sudden had an emergency newspaper staff meeting doesn’t mean she can leave me alone like this.

            Let’s see. After finding that locker, I should find a band that I could join. The Battle of the Bands will only be a few weeks away and I really want to wi—

            BUMP!

            Great! Here I am, on the ground, after bumping a black-haired guy wearing an old t-shirt and jeans. Why does this always happen to me? Since my day just got started quite well, I decide that I might as well let this bumping stuff slip by.

            “Sorry about that.” I say to the guy.

            The guy gets up. He straightens his shirt; gets his bag and runs away. I’m not kidding. He actually runs away in a rush right after I apologize to him like I’m sort of disease or something, the nerve of that guy.

            Note to self: Next time I see him, KILL HIM!

            “You okay?”

            I jump (again) and turn around to see a very tall girl with hazel brown-haired wearing a striped-headband, long sleeved blouse, denim skirt, striped socks and sneakers. Daring fashion picks, I had to admit. I kinda like her style. It’s different.

            “Yeah, I’m fine.” I reply to the girl. I get up angrily and go straight away to follow the guy and give him a piece of my mind. At least, that’s what I think I am doing until the brown-haired girl stops my tracks.

            “I think it’s best if you ignore this for now. It’s almost time for class to start.”

            “Which reminds me, do you know where locker 468 is?” looks like the mystery guy gets away with it this time.

            “FINALLY!” she yells. Ouch! That is one loud yell. “I now know who my other locker neighbor is.”

           Locker neighbor? Does that mean I have a locker right next to this tall (I think she’s in eight-grade), loud girl?