Chapter 11

*Spencer*

I woke up the next morning with Ellie breathing in the crook of my neck. My phone buzzed it was my landlord “hello” I answered “Dr. Reid sorry to have woken you” he said “no it’s fine” I replied “well I was just ringing to say that your apartments been done and everything’s sorted you can move back in” the chirped “great thank you” “well goodbye Dr Reid” with that he hung up. Ellie stirred in her sleep.

Her eyes fluttered open and met mine “morning” he whispered “morning” I gave her a light kissed then hugged her I winced “sorry” she muttered “it okay” she slipped out of bed and I followed “I’m going to shower first” I nodded and she left. I went downstairs and began breakfast.

I was half an hour before Ellie came down in her dressing gown and wet hair. Handed her some cereal, toast and coffee “thank you” she smiled  “I got a call this morning my flat is back to normal” I tell her “that’s great, I hope it won’t stop you from coming round” she winked at me “not at all. Infact I hope you’ll sleep at mine” I laugh “of course” she answers

I went to go get a shower which lasted 210 minutes before I got dressed. Ellie was in her underwear again, curling her hair then spraying it so it would stay in place. I smiled at her. My arm started aching so I took some pain killers and moved it around so it wouldn’t get stiff.

Ellie handed me my coffee and went to her mini cooper “oops forgot this” she jogged over to me and kissed me “see you at work” she winked at got in her mini before pulling out. I got into my SUV and pulled out following her mini.

I pulled into the FBI Car Park and switched off the engine. I got out of my car “hey Kid” Morgan shouts we start walking together “so whereas ya girlfriend” he teased “shut up” we got in the elevator. “So how is life in the world of Reid” he asked “you only saw me last night nothing much except my apartment all dried up so I’m aloud to move back in” I told him “is Ellie alright with that” I nodded “yeah the fact she can sleep at mine made her happy”

We entered the B.A.U. Ellie was laughing with the other girls “good morning ladies” Morgan smiled at them. “good morning Morgan” they all said in unison we all laughed Ellie stood next to me with her arm on my back “ah staking her claim I see” we turned around Rossi was approaching us “why say that I have no competition unless you want to go against me” she challenged “no thank you”

Hotch came in with Jack “it take your kid to work day” we nodded “hey you must be Jack I’m Ellie” she bend down to his “hello” he smiled “Jack do you want Ellie to help set you things up” Hotch asked he nodded “come on little man” she took his hand

*Hotch*

“So take you kid to work day” Rossi asked “yeah the school wants the kids to get a feel for what their parents do” I answered. I made my way to the conference room “is my dad your boss” Jack asked “yes he is but he’s a very good boss and doesn’t act like it he more like our dad that gives us orders” Ellie replied I knocked on the door they looked at me “thanks Ellie” she smiled and left “so kiddo what do you have to do2 I ask “I have to right down the answers to a questions” he tells me

In my office “daddy can I go play with Ellie” I look at him “sure if it’s alright with Ellie” he runs out, I look at the window and see he talks to Ellie she looks at my window and I nod Jack runs back in “Ellie is taking me to the park” he cheers “okay be careful and have fun” he waves then runs back to Ellie.

*Jack*

I was playing with my toys when I looked to daddy “daddy can I go play with Ellie?” I ask “sure if it’s alright with Ellie” I run out to ask Ellie “Ellie!” I shout she stops and looks at me “yes squirt” she crouches down to my level “can I play with you please daddy says it okay” she looks past me and smiles “okay why don’t we go to the park I’ve just finished my paper work” I ran back to get my coat “Ellie is taking me to the park” I say to him “okay be careful and have fun” I wave and run back out.

We were at the park and I ran to the swings “ah so you’re a swinger. I used to love the swing when I was little” she smiles then starts pushing me “I don’t get to swing a lot since my mummy went to heaven” I say “awh I’m sorry Jack but if it helps I lost my daddy when I was around you age” I looked round at her “really” she smiles and nods “yeah but he’s in a better place and is always with me like your mommy is always with you in here” she taps my chest “what happened to your daddy” her smiled dropped “oh you don’t want to know that”

After the park I ran back to daddy’s office “hey did you enjoy the park” I nod “Ellie is just like me” I chirp “how so” he put his pen down “she lost her daddy and I lost mummy” he comes over too me “why don’t you go play with JJ huh” he walks me out “Ellie” I look at him “she’s not in trouble because it made me feel better talking with Ellie” I look sad “no she’s not in trouble now off you go” I run to JJ

*Ellie*

“Yes Hotch” I sit down “thank you” I took me off guard “for what?” I ask “talking with Jack connecting with him you didn’t have too” I smile “its no problem he’s a great kid and we have a few things in common” he nodded “he said you lost your dad” I nod “yeah I put in a les traumatizing way for him” I said “it said nothing in your file” I shook my head “it wouldn’t erm I took my grandmothers maiden name” I told him “you probably want to know” I crossed my legs “its your personal life” he replied.

 “No you might as well know my father was one of us Agent Xavier Bennett” I announced “I worked with him he was a good man” I smiled “he was. I was there when he was murdered” I took a deep breath “we were coming home from the movies that night and laughing at what we just watched. He stopped and looked round then told me to go on to the car and he was going to talk to an old friend. They were shouted and the other guy pulled out a gun and shot him before getting in a car and leaving, it the whole reason I’m here”

I left Hotch’s office not once did I cry which is good “hey you alright” Spence asked me “good all good tell you about it later. I pecked his lips “so dinner” Morgan announced “oh lets go to that cafe we went to last time” I suggested which we did

The six of us me, Spencer. Morgan, JJ, Garcia and Emily arrived at the cafe, we sit down “okay I’ll go order” Spencer went up he raises his eyebrows and winked I smiled back “you two look so cute together” Emily gushed I laughed “we haven’t been together long” I say “yeah but he’s already smitten” Garcia countered “whatever” Spencer sat back down next to me and put her arm around me “awh look at that” Garcia pointed “its rude to point” I scolded

I’m glad I had a B.A.U Love