Chapter 2

*Spencer*

We arrived at the police station. Ellie had the bag in an evidence bag, “we have a calling card” she hold up the bag “real tailored not your simple knock off” she confirms “so... the un sub has money?” Rossi guessed “substantial to buy this type of bag cost $2,390” she summed up Morgan gave a low whistle “so if they’re all really that a lot of money” she nodded I went and looked the map “I can’t help but feel there is something I’m missing” I mumble Ellie come up to me and whisper “circles around the crime scene” I looked at her and she was looking at the map.

I looked closer at the map as I started to figure I grabbed a pen as Ellie took a seat I drew three circles on the map “what’s that?” Hotch asked “guarded communities, see here is the main area of where the bodies were found surrounding them” I pointed to the map showing him what I meant I looked to Ellie who smiled at me before looking at some documents “ELEANOR!” our heads snapped up towards a woman who looked to be in her 40s I saw Ellie tense “sorry” she stalked off towards the woman.

“what do you think that’s about” Rossi questioned I shrugged Hotch didn’t look best pleased we carried on looking “we need to narrow down the felid” we carried on, I kept looking the way Ellie left.

*Ellie*

I took my mother outside. “What are you doing here mother? I mean how did you know I was here?” I looked at her “Owen Kim is a very good friend of mine” she sighed “so what you thought you’d come down here Mom I’m on a case” I shouted “well I didn’t know I haven’t known where you were since you left” he voice cracked “look I don’t need this right now so just go back home to Brad” I walk by inside shaking off my annoyance.

I sat back at the table “sorry about that” I pick up a document “everything sorted” Hotch asks “yep. So what are we looking for” I act as if nothing was wrong “we’re now working on a profile” Spencer informed me “okay” we began discussing the possible options and debate about it when the Detective Kim of police come in “we have another one” we stand up and head for the SUV most of us were running on caffeine which wouldn’t last long.

All of us arrived at the crime scene “how is the un sub finding these places with all the patrols” JJ asked “yeah it seems where ever we’re stationed he will find a place right under our noses” Morgan added “clever I’ll give em that” I looked around for another bag “Hotch! There’s another bag” I was handed some gloves and I picked it up “we have a message” I took a piece of paper out and handed it to Hotch “Let’s play a game of cat and mouse. Catch me if you can x” he read out “can we have these items examined please” they were taken away.

“right everyone get some sleep we need fresh eyes” I rode with Morgan, JJ and Reid the last thing I remember was laugh before I fell into complete blackness

*Spencer*

We were on our way to the hotel and I felt something on my shoulder I looked to see Ellie had fallen asleep Morgan laughed “look like she’s gotten used to you” JJ commented “or maybe it’s something more” Morgan teased “what do you mean?” I asked “we’ve seen the way she looks at you and vice versa I think you have no idea when you do it” JJ started “yeah and don’t forget she gave you a clue on to figure out the gate communities” Morgan finished

We arrived at the Hotel “what shall I do?” I looked at my two colleges “carry her” they whispered in unison I looked at them and hesitated before doing so. I slipped my hand under her legs and around her torso before easing her out. She shuffled in buried her head in the crook of my neck. JJ came up with me and opened her door she place her bag at the bottom off her bed I laid her down “I’m sure you have it from here right.” With that she left

I switched on the lamp only removed her shoes and gun before writing a note. A stain of hair was on her face I tucked it behind her ear before retreating to my own room and falling asleep.