Chapter 2: First Day on the Job.

A/N So I finally updated! I know I am a horrible person and I take forever! But here it is now!

                                                                                                                  Jo

Jack woke up bright and early to the sound of her alarm blaring through her New York hotel room. Today was the day she started at the FBI, her and Emma both. She swung her legs out of bed and pulled on some sweatpants and a sports bra, she threw her hair up into a ponytail, and went down to the hotels gym for her morning workout.

     She wondered as she ran, who she would be partnered with, and if they would get along. She ran on the treadmill for about five miles and then got off and ran back up to her room to take a shower. She stepped out of the shower and after drying herself off she put on dress slacks, a dark blue long sleeve dress shirt and a tight fitting vest. She slipped on a pair of low heels and put in some ruby stud earrings.

    She grabbed her purse and keys and made her way out of the hotel room. She left the hotel and got into her car driving the twenty minutes to the FBI building. It wasn’t that the building was far away, it was the New York traffic that was killer. Eventually she pulled into the parking garage and getting out she locked the doors behind her.

     She walked into the building’s entrance and after a thorough going over from the guard she was given her pass and was let into the building. She clipped her I.D. to her vest and walked over to the elevators hitting the button for the ninth floor which would take her to the Homicide division.

      She rode the elevator up and when it came to a stop she stepped out. She walked down the hall and stopped in front of a desk. “Hi I’m here to see the Director please.” Jack said to the older woman sitting behind the desk. “Name please.” “Dr. Jacqueline Bates.” Jack said as the woman looked her up in the computer.

    “Okay Agent Bates I will tell the Director you are here, please have a seat.” The woman said as she stood up and gestured towards some chairs. Jack sat down and did her best not to be nervous. She was already in the FBI, she shouldn’t be worried. If it hadn’t been for the Triangle Killer case she would be working behind a desk right now.

       The woman came out five minutes later. “You may go in now Dr. Bates.” She said as she sat back down at her desk and Jack stood up and walked confidently into the office. “Ahh Agent Bates please have a seat.” The man behind the desk said as Jack went and sat down.

    “I’m Director Jennings it’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Rollins and Reed never stop talking about you.” The Director said as he offered Jack his hand and she shook it. “Well Reed I believe, Rollins I don’t.” Jack said and Jennings chuckled. “He is a bit of a hard ass isn’t he?” Jennings said and it was Jack’s turn to laugh.

     “I believe that might be an understatement.” Jack said cheerily. “Well at any rate, your reputation already proceeds you Dr. Bates and everyone is very eager to begin working with you. It’s also the only reason why you don’t have a desk job right now.” Jennings said as he leaned back in his office chair.

    “I am very aware, and very grateful for that sir, now I have to know, who is my partner? The suspense is killing me.” I said as I leaned forward in my chair. Jennings laughed before hitting the button on his intercom. “Mary Ann send Agent Bates’ partner in please.” He told his secretary and a minute later the door opened to reveal Logan Reed.

     “Logan! What are you doing here?” I asked standing up. “I’m your new partner Jackie.” He said happily as I looked back and forth between him and Jennings. “This is a joke isn’t it?” I finally asked laughing. “No its not Bates.” Logan said shoving his hands into his pockets.

     “But you and Rollins are partners.” I said really confused now. “And they still are, but they also volunteered to train you and Dr. Richardson.” Jennings said as I broke into a grin finally getting what they were saying. “So Josh is Emma’s partner?” I asked and Logan nodded.

     “Oh she is going to love that.” I said mischievously. “Alright! Enough idle chit chat, you two need to get to work!” Jennings said as me and Logan nodded and left the room. “I can’t believe were partners!” I whisper yelled as we made it to the elevator and Logan gave me a big hug.

     “I know isn’t it great! Emma and Rollins are going to murder each other though.” Logan said and I laughed. “No kidding! They really dislike each other.” I said calming my laughter as the doors slid open and we walked down the hall’s eventually stopping at a double office. “This is us.” Reed said gesturing to our names on the door.

     He opened the door and we walked in, there were two desks in the room, one was covered in pictures and papers and a computer and the other was empty. “I take it this one is mine?” I asked gesturing towards the empty desk. “Give the girl a prize!” Logan exclaimed as he sat down. “Yes my dear, that desk is your’s!” He said happily.

     “Does that door go to Josh and Emma’s office?” I asked pointing towards the door that adjoined us to the room next to us. “No that room is the conference room, and that room adjoins to Josh and Emma’s office.” He said as I nodded and sat down at my desk.

    We spent about an hour with Logan going over the basics with me, and showing me what to do, until we heard arguing coming down the hall and a door slam muffling the arguing. “I think Emma and Josh are together now.” Logan said and I nodded trying to contain my laughter. “I think your right.” I said as I broke into laughter.

     “Should we go say hello?” Logan asked and I nodded as I composed myself. “Lets!” I said happily as I stood up and walked over to him, we walked through the conference room, and burst through the door to their office.

    “Hey guys!” Me and Logan exclaimed at once. “You two! What do you want?” Logan grumbled as he plopped down in his chair. “We came to see how you two were doing.” Jack said cheerily. “I thought we agreed that I got Bates Reed! She’s easier to manage!” Josh whined as Logan rolled his eyes.

    “You mean I could have gotten Reed instead of this ass wipe?” Emma exclaimed looking very put out. “Hey! I am not an ass wipe!” Josh exclaimed as him and Emma went back to arguing and Jack and Logan slowly slipped out of the room.

A/N There it is! Lemme know what you guys think!

                                                                                                                 Jo