Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

As soon as darkness filled my cell, all I wanted to do was go into The Repair Shop and drink all my worries away. That blue drink tempted me so much that I would go through withdrawals if I didn't get it each night. But of course, tonight Eric didn't come to take me to the club. I stayed up for hours, waiting for him, but he never came.

On the bright side, I was no longer chained to the bed because I had become pretty obedient these last few weeks. I would do everything they told me to at the drop of a dime if they said so. But even so, I still could never get rid of the feeling that I was forgetting someone. With each glass of the fire blue liquid, his face became even more blurry and indistinguishable. It didn't help that each time I thought about him I would feel an ache in my chest so deep that I thought I would cry.

I sighed, laying down on my bed as silence filled my room. The only light shining that allowed me to see was from the lights they had on outside to light up the yard. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard a light tapping but I brushed it off as the wind. It continued for a few minutes before it stopped entirely. I relaxed, trying to get comfortable again when something pounded on the window so hard that I nearly screamed, jumping out of my bed.

I looked up to the window, where that sound came from only to see a face half obscured in shadows. I squinted my eyes at the man and slowly approached him. I wasn't all that scared because I was safe in my room, he couldn't hurt me. Plus if I screamed loud enough, the guards outside my room would hear me. I'm surprised they haven't heard the man pound on the window.

I paused to listen for any signs of the guards approaching but all that met me was silence.

"Sophie!" the man exclaimed.

How does he know my name? I went and grabbed the metal chair at the other end of my room before returning to the window with it. I hopped up onto the chair so I stood level with the window to get a better look at the man's face. That nagging feeling that had plagued me for weeks now returned with full force when I took in his blonde hair that fell slightly over one eye. He looked at me earnestly with chocolate brown eyes that made my knees weak and sent a flood of warmth through my body.

He reached through the bars and pressed his hand against the window with an expression in his eyes that chilled me to the bone.

"How do you know my name?" I asked loud enough that he could hear me through the glass that separated us.

He stared at me wildly for a second before he dropped his head in what looked like defeat. His shoulders shook lightly and when he looked back up at me tears were streaming down his face.

"I told you not to forget me."

His voice shook with either rage and sadness, I couldn't tell, but seeing this handsome stranger so sad made my own heart break for some unknown reason. How can I not even know who he is yet feel such strong emotions for him?

"I - I don't remember." I said.

"You have to try!" he ground out through clenched teeth. "I refuse to lose you. I won't let them take you away from me."

I squeezed my eyes shut against the pictures that invaded my mind. Flashbacks of being in a forest next to this blonde haired stranger rose up from the depths of my memory. Him with a gun. Him shooting down nearly a dozen men in cold blood.

My eyes shot open and I nearly stumbled off the chair but the pleading look in his face kept me rooted to the spot.

"Remember what we need to do Sophie. If you can't remember us, at least remember what we need to do."