Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

I woke up slowly and sat up, pressing my hand to my head as a headache throbbed behind my eyes. I found myself in a dark room as my eyes slowly adjusted to the lack of light. I didn't recognize my surroundings at all so I began to panic but when I tried to get up chains pulled at my ankles which tied me to the hard bed I was laying in.

I groaned in pain. My body ached all over from that stupid taser. I'd always wanted to know what it felt like to be electrocuted...now I know and I never want to experience it again.

I surveyed the room to look for anything nearby that I could use to potentially pick the locks at my ankles and get out of here, but the room was bare except for the bed I was chained to and one long metal table with two metal chairs on each end of it. The entire room seemed to be made out of concrete and metal, and there was only one very small window with metal bars placed outside. Even the door was enforced with steel. There was no escaping out of this place except by brute force and extremely good luck.

Footsteps approached the door and I quickly leaned back on the bed to pretend I was sleeping. I tried to breathe normally as the steel door squeaked open and one set of feet walked slowly towards my bed. I even threw in a snore or two for extra effect.

My skin crawled as I felt someone lean over me and brush my hair back, then their lips pressed against mine in a sloppy kiss. That's when I gave up the whole sleeping act and bit whoever it was hard enough on the lip to draw blood. The man gave a yelp before pulling back and slapping me so hard across the face that I saw stars. Through my hazy vision I looked up to see somebody I really dreaded seeing ever again. Mr. Hugo Poke.

"Hello Miss Johnson." he scowled, wipping his bloody lip with the back of his hand. "I see you're finally awake."

I glared at him but didn't say a word.

"Don't you want to know how long you've been unconscious for?" he asked.

I pursed my lips while still keeping my glare steadily on him but he seemed unfazed by it.

"Four days. That's quite a long time to be unconscious. You must be famished, and I'm sure you would like to wash. I have postponed the dinner with the Leader and my fellow co-leaders so don't worry you didn't miss any of the fun. By the way, we are still getting married even if I have to chain you to the alter." he sneered.

"I'm not marrying a pig like you!" I yelled.

Faster than I could blink, he had his hand around my throat with a knife against my lips.

"I'll cut your fucking tongue out you little wench if you speak to me like that again! I don't mind a mute wife. It makes her all the more obedient." he purred, running the knife down my chest and back up to my lips.

"Why do you want me so much?" I whispered against the cold blade of the knife. "You can have any woman you want. Why me?"

He chuckled quietly and looked down at me with his beady green eyes. "Because you're special Miss Johnson. You just don't know why."

What he said made absolutely no sense but when I tried to make him elaborate he just cut me off and told me to shut up. I'm going to have such a loving husband. Wonderful. He went to leave the room but I called out to him with one last urgent question on my mind.

"Is Damien alive?" I asked desperately.

Mr. Poke shrugged his now too skinny shoulders but I could tell the subject of Damien angered him quite a bit.

"Who knows? If he is, he won't be for long."

Then he turned on his heel and slammed the steel door shut behind him. After the door shut I heard three locks click into place, and to me it was one of the most terrible sounds I could hear. It was sealing me inside this room with no chance of escaping and leaving me with no hope of ever seeing Damien again.