Chapter 6

A/N: Dedicated to DaniellaCarter for being the first one to guess how robots are made!!

-----------------

Chapter Six

After we got back home, I plopped down on my bed and laid there staring up at the blank ceiling for nearly an hour. I couldn't get that dreadful little song out of my head.

They took my children, they took my wife. But they're not really dead, they just went under the knife!

What the hell is that even supposed to mean? I slammed my fists down on my mattress in frustration, before clutching a pillow to my face and screaming into it.

"You have some serious anger issues." Damien commented from the doorway.

I lifted the pillow from my face to glare at him, but my glare slipped away as soon as I noticed the expression on his face. His normal humorous smile was gone, replaced by a grim frown. It definitely didn't suit him and I found myself wishing that I could just make him smile again.

I patted the bed to signal him to come over and sit. He walked into the room with all his normal confidence but he looked extremely tired and weary as if an invisible weight was pressing down on his shoulders.

He laid down next to me and after a few minutes hesitation I slipped my hand into his and linked our fingers together. He looked surprised and nearly pulled away but eventually the muscles in his body relaxed and he griped onto my hand lightly. His thumb began to stroke my palm, sending strange sensations all throughout my body. I sighed in pleasure and leaned into him more and before I realized what I was doing, I pulled his head towards me then pressed my lips against his.

He responded almost instantly, flipping me over onto my back and parting my lips with his tongue. I moaned into his mouth and twisted my fingers into his golden blonde hair.

"God, you're so hot." I breathed against his lips.

He chuckled and I flushed deep red when I realized I said that out loud. My fingers played with the button on his jeans for a while before I finally undid them and slid them off, along with his t-shirt. He began to hitch my skirt up, then he suddenly stopped and pulled back to stare at me.

"I can't do this." he whispered, pressing his face into the crook of my neck.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I asked breathlessly.

He sighed loudly and I made him pull back again so I could look into his face and see his expression. "I can't have sex with you right now. As much as I want to, I feel like there's a missing piece left to the puzzle. I've been thinking about that song Crazy Tom was singing...and I think I know what it means."

I looked up at him, confused.

"Well, what do you think it means?" I asked quietly.

For some reason, I felt like I would rather not know the answer to that particular question. Despite my curious nature, I knew that this answer would change everything I knew about our society and human morals. There was no going back. I resisted to urge to plug my ears with my fingers and yell as loudly as I could to avoid hearing the next words out of Damien's mouth.

"I think they're making humans into robots."

Yup, I definitely did not want to hear that.  I sat in stunned silence for a while, my mind spinning in circles and replaying those two eerie lines in my head over and over again. Damien's theory actually makes sense.

They're not really dead, they just went under the knife.

Crazy Tom's family wasn't murdered! They were turned into robots!