Overview of first year

I told you I would do this because it is a lot easier than writing everything that happens in one year, because that will take away a long time and as I said before I am a lazy person. Also that will take up so much of the story but it will be boring for me and you because nothing much will happen in those two years so in these in this chapter I'm just going to brief the whole year then I'll do the same in the next chapter (the chamber of secrets) and then I'll start from the train ride on the chapter after.

•••Mia's P.O.V.•••

On The first day of the year, we met all of our teachers my favourite teacher by far was definitely Professor McGonagall, and I didn't like Professor Snape and Professor Quirrell just creeped me out. On my first day, he looked at me and gave me a death glare, even though I didn't know him he would not look at me for the rest of the lesson and he ignored me when I tried to answer a question. We also got to learn how to ride broomsticks but we never actually got to take off the ground with them, because before we could Neville flew off and his broom went wild then Neville fell off. Harry was asked to be a seeker after that because he caught something that Malfoy threw, it was something called a Remembrall that helped you remember things that you had forgotten. Hermione and I became best friends after an incident with a troll, what happened was that Hermione was better than Ron at everything. Then Ron got really annoyed after Hermione could levitate a feather better than Ron could, he started to be mean about her and talk about her behind her back but she heard. I found her hours later in the girls toilets, but then a troll found us, I jumped in front of Hermione but then the troll picked me up and lifted me up then when Harry and Ron ran in the troll turned around and threw me across the room, and I smashed my head on a sink. The last thing a saw was Harry riding around on the trolls head, then a passed out.
I woke up four hours later in hospital and was let out an hour after. Harry, Ron and Hermione told me all about their suspicions about professor Snape trying to steal something from under a massive three-headed dog which we had come across earlier in the year. Why anyone would want to go near anything like that was beyond me. We went to ask Hagrid about it. "There is nothing under that door that is your business," he said, "that is between Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel." We gasped and before he could take it back we were gone.
Hermione went home over the holidays leaving me, Harry and Ron to research Nicolas Flamel we found absolutely nothing of use. On Christmas Day for the first time in my life I got presents I got a box of Bertie's every flavour beans from Ron and I got him a bag of chocolate frogs. Harry got me a necklace with a lion on it and I got him a broom servicing kit which he seemed to like. Hermione got me a book about transfiguration because it was my favourite subject I got her a necklace that said best friends on it and I had one that clipped on to Hermione's and it said forever. When Hermione finally came back from her holiday she was disappointed that we hadn't found anything but she said that we shod look again even though we had already looked through every book in the library. We had absolutely no luck, but then Hermione remembered something she got a huge book. "Got it out for a bit light reading." She said, "LIGHT?!" Said Ron in shock, she shot him a glare and flipped to a bit in the book and then started to read aloud. "The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.
There have been many reports of the Philosopher's Stone over the centuries, but the only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera-lover. Mr Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle who is six hundred and fifty-eight." She barely took a breath whilst she said this so when she finished she was panting like she had just finished a marathon. "Well it obvious then, the thing the dog is guarding is the Philosopher's Stone. That is what Snape wants."
We made a plan to go into the trapdoor and carried it out we landed on a big green plant that me and Hermione instantly recognised we relaxed and slipped through shortly followed by Harry and then Ron after I had set the plant alight. Then we carried on to a room with keys flying around it and a broomstick Harry caught the right key and we went through the door. When we came through the door we came to a massive chessboard Ron who knew the most about chess took control, he ended up sacrificing himself so I could get checkmate. Once we had finished me and Hermione ran over to Ron he looked hurt be we decided that he would live. Hermione decided to stay and watch Ron, me and Harry carried on we reached another door that had several potions and a riddle I solved the riddle but there was only enough potion for one person to go forward so I went back to tell Dumbledore.  I ran faster than I had ever run in my entire life grabbed the broomstick then flew all the way to Dumbledore's office. He was just coming out, I told him everything that happened and he sent me to the hospital wing and started running down the corridor. I looked at my arms and realised that they had blood all down them. Overall it was an eventful year and we ended up winning the house cup. I went to see Dumbledore the day before we went home and I asked who I was to stay with, he smiled at me and told me that for the first half of the holidays u would stay with professor McGonagall who would help me work on my metomorphugus powers with permission from the ministry. Then I would spend the other half with the Weasley's. I got on the train and when I got off I waved at Harry and Ron and Hermione and went over to McGonagall who was stood there waiting for me.