Chapter 1: The Beginning of a Journey

(A/N Hey guys! I really hope you like this.... I've really worked hard on it. So enjoy. Anyways, if you look on the side, i have a picture of every room they go in and several other things. And also music i listened to while writing... and some i just think fit the situation. Anways, Enjoy 'What I need' :) )

         As soon as my feet fell upon the cold, damp pavement outside the airport I was emerged in dark wet rain. I hustled quickly to the nearest open cab.  I opened the door and quickly slide further in on the black leather seats. The taxi driver looked back curiously at me.

                “Where to mam’?” He asked in a rough British voice, obviously damaged from years of smoking as he looked back turning down the old radio.

                “Brookestone  School please,” I said softly. I smiled politely as he nodded and focused his stare to the road ahead. I looked through my tiny vintage purse for some gum as a voice interrupted my thoughts.

                “I assume you’re going to start going to Brookestone?” My taxi driver asked eyes still glued to the streets ahead.

                “Yes sir, My first year,” I nodded, allowing a soft smile to place on my lips. I unwrapped the small piece of American delight, and put the strawberry gum into my mouth.

                “Oh, I see. Boarding?” he asked. As I looked closer, on the small name tag on his worn uniform was the name “Rob”.

                “Yes. If you can’t tell by my accent, I’m from the States,” I giggled uietly to myself and continue, “My parents and I decided this would be a good thing for me. I’m staying at the old boarding house,” I smiled up at him and lookedut the window watching the small water droplets fall down the glass pane. It was almost like they were having races, seeing which one could fall to the ground first, which then turned into small puddles.  As I looked back up at him he was emerged in deep thought. I sighed and stretched back onto the old cab seats. The 7 hour flight from America had me absolutely exhausted.

                “Oh dear. The old house? Be careful love,” Rob said warmly turning into a small brick road. As we passed by many old buildings surrounded us on a beautiful lush campus.

                “Why’s that?” I asked him curiously. Why should I be ‘careful’. It was just a house. Not like anything bad could become of it. After he stopped the car he turned around and looked at me. I hadn’t noticed his fading brown 5’oclock shave, or the grey eyes he had. He had a stern look on his face.

                “Look out for Vampires,” He said in such a serious tone chills ran up my spin. I felt guilty at first, but I looked at him like he had fell off his rocker.

                “Excuse me?” I said a bit frightened.

                “Don’t say I didn’t warn ya’,” He said getting out the cab. I got out and was engulfed by the cold, mist surrounding the building. The man helped me get my few bags out of the trunk and to the  porch of the old building. I grabbed my small wallet out of the side of my purse, handing him the money he had requested. He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly. The innocent touch sending small bumps up my arms.

                “Be careful,” He simply stated before getting back into his cab and driving off into the mysterious fog, hiding my view.

                I turned around and gripped the handle on my multicolored duffle bag before making my way in the house. As soon as I walked in I was greeted with a master stairwell. The high ceilings and crystals caught my eye as they roamed around the room. I stepped further in the enormous, old house to see a small chestnut table with a check in sheet on it. I searched for my name down the very short list of names. I checked it off and looked at the room number. Eighteenth room on the second floor.

                I made my way up the grand staircase and walked down a very dim lit hallway, finally arriving to my destination. I opened the door to reveal a small room, one window, one desk, one lamp, one chest, and a bed.  I closed the thick door. I dropped my heavy luggage and let my body sink into the fabric of the soft bed. My eyes flapped closed like a curtain and I fell into a soft slumber.