Dye Time- Amynta (Prime)

*A/N- the character's name is pronounced like ah-min-tah*

You'd think living on a giant, flying warship would never ever get boring. Well, unfortunately it does. It's not so bad when the Autobots attack, or we have to go scouting for energon or something along those lines, but on our "slow" days, I'm just trying my hardest not to fall into recharge.

On these less busy days, Megatron bosses, Starscream whines, Soundwave is just there (the mech gives me the creeps still, seriously, who doesn't speak for that long?!) and Knockout buffs. Boooooring.

After lying about for a while, I decide to get up and stretch, by taking a walk around the Nemesis. I stroll down the numerous halls, not really paying attention to my surroundings. As I turned another corner, I nearly ran into what seemed like a blue wall. I stepped back and looked up to see the mech known as Breakdown.

"Hey Amynta, you might wanna watch where you're going." He tells me with a wink.

"Pfft I was watching where I was going, I was seeing if you were doing the same." I reply with a flick of my hand, as if waving away the thought of me not keeping my focus.

"Sure, sure, whatever you say." He says with an eye roll.

"So, where were you headed?" I question, trying to find out if it's somewhere I'd be interesting in going.

"Well, I was headed to the med-bay to hang out with Knockout... Did you want to come with?"

I thought it over in my head, on one servo he's the most annoying bot I've ever met, and he's so conceited as well, but on the other servo, I'm so utterly bored.

I sigh, and make up my mind.

"Alright, lead the way." I say, motioning for Breakdown to continue down the hall.
"But if he asks me to help him buff himself, I swear to Primus..." I grumble under my breath.

************************************

"Hey Minta, would you mind buffing this spot on my back?"

"Nope. I'm done. I'm out." I say, flinging my hands into the air and storming out of the med-bay.

"Stupid, vain medic." I grumble. "I swear to Primus he wouldn't last a day without that slagging buffer."

That sentence made me think. What if something were to happen to that buffer of his... or his paint job?

An evil smirk creeps onto my face as I being to form a plan.

"This will definitely help with my boredom!" I exclaim rather loudly, before quickly glancing around, making sure no one heard me, and then darting off to get the things needed to set my plan into motion.

************************************

A little while later I'm heading back towards my berthroom, with my supplies in my arms. I peek around the corner, before quickly disappearing into my room, depositing my goods on my desk; 3 buckets (Cybertronian sized) of neon pink paint. I smile slightly, before going to peek out my door, making sure no one is out there.

Once the coast is clear, I grab my buckets, and walk towards the med-bay, assuming that's where Knockout will be.

When I arrive at the door to the med-bay, I set down two of the three buckets, and adjust the third in my arms. I reach up, going on the tips of my pedes, trying to set the bucket on the shallow ledge, when the door opens... and Breakdown steps out.

I step back, and look up at the blue mech.

"Hey, how's it goin'?" I say, trying for to be casual, as I lean against the wall.

"Oh not too much." He replies with a smirk, before taking the bucket from me, and put it on the ledge with ease.

Once the remaining two buckets are in place, he turns and looks at me.

"I'll see if I can get him out here. We're planning on going racing shortly, so maybe I'll be able to get him to come sooner."

I nod, and step away, hoping I'm out of the "splash zone." I watch as Breakdown walks up to the door, and knocks.

"Hey Knocks, do ya think you'd be able to come for a drive now?"

Breakdown comes to stand beside me as we wait for a reply from inside the room.

"I guess so, give me a moment to finish this rep... nevermind, I'm coming."

I try to hold in my giggles as I see the door open.

"And Breakdown, how many times have I told..."

That's all the medic manages to get out before the buckets fall.

Bright pink paint streams down Knockout, covering every inch of him, and then some. He looks up at us, completely shocked, and that's what sends Breakdown and I over the edge.

We laugh so hard, that our stomachs hurt, and every time we look back at the pink mess, we start giggling all over again. We only become sober when we notice the previously-red medic with his saw and blaster at the ready.

"You know, this is the perfect time to go for a race." Knockout says calmly, as he inspects his saw.
"It's a good way to see who currently is faster, me, or you two."

He looks the both of us in the optics with a look of pure fury.

"And if I catch either of you two, you best pray Primus has mercy on you, because I surely won't."

"Hey Breakdown?" I partially whisper.

"Yeah?"

"I think we should run now."

"Agreed."

We take off sprinting down the halls, not daring to look back, lest we get caught.

************************************

Now while that was a hilarious prank, I'm never pulling it again. Once Breakdown and I had gotten away from Knockout, we locked ourselves in our berthrooms to avoid him for a long time, because the paint didn't wash off or fade a tiny bit, even after three weeks.

Dedicated to TMNTMLPTFPRIDLATINA
Thanks for the suggestion!