Laser Tag- Mackenzie (Prime)

It was a perfect Friday night, the stars were out, and everything felt so calm. I had managed to convince Optimus to step away from the base for a little bit, and Alice accomplished the same with Ratchet. We had a small plan in mind, just something to do so we could spend time with our bots, so we could give them a short break. They get so busy, being a leader and a medic, that sometimes they forget to give attention to us, along with everything else they do. Although, I'm pretty sure Optimus has learned his lesson, because the last time he continued to forget about me, he got a caramel apple to the face.*

I smile as I remember that day, how entertaining it was, and wait with Alice for the boys to come pick us up. A few minutes later, they pull up outside our house and we go out to meet them. I walk over to Optimus' passenger side, and get in after he opens the door for me. Once both Alice and I are settled in and buckled, Optimus pulls away, with Ratchet following behind him.

"Where are we heading?" Optimus finally questions me as he activates his human holoform.
"We're going to have a bit of fun, something you might not know of." I tease him, as I take his hand. "We are going to play some laser tag!"
"Laser tag?" The confusion is clear in his voice.
I explain to him how laser tag is a game humans play, where you shoot each other with lasers in an attempt to "kill" the opponent. I tell him that the lasers don't hurt, and that you have to hit the other person in particular spots 5 times to eliminate them from the round.

"So, the objective of this.. game, is to shoot another? To.. eliminate them?"
"Yeah, basically." I say "It's loads of fun!"
"Sounds it." Optimus mumbles, a little bit of sarcasm creeping into his voice.
"Don't complain! You're gonna have fun even if it kills you!" I say as I lightly slap his dashboard.
The rest of the ride is spent in a comfortable silence, until we arrive at
our destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Optimus, in his human holoform, and I walk to the laser tag entrance, where Alice and Ratchet's holoform are waiting for us.
"I could see the scowl on Ratchet's face as soon as we pulled in." I whisper to Optimus as we draw nearer.
That causes him to smile a tiny bit, lightening the mood more.

I hear Ratchet arguing lightly with Alice, being grumpy, as per usual.
"Why do I have to do this?" I heard him ask her. "I prefer to stay in the base, if you hadn't noticed!"
"You're here because of that exact reason! You're always in the base, and I barely get to spend time with you!" Alice says, a little bit of sadness colouring her voice.
That saddens Ratchet also, he knows he doesn't spend much time with her, and he regrets it.
"I'm sorry Alice." He tells her sincerely. "I will not complain this entire night, just for you."

I see Alice light up with a smile as we walk up, in response to what Ratchet just said.
"You guys ready to get your butts whooped?" I say, bouncing from one foot to the other, mimicking a fighting stance.
"I should be asking you that!" Alice retorts with a smile.
"Come on Optimus!" I say as I pull him inside. "We gotta win!"
Alice laughs, and Ratchet and her follow us inside.

******************************

A little while later, we walk out, completely exhausted.
"That was so much fun!" I exclaim, my face still flushed from running around.
"It was quite enjoyable." Optimus agrees.
Optimus and I managed to win against Ratchet and Alice, but only by two points. I look over at my sister, as she walks with Ratchet, and smile.
They're holding hands, Alice clearly happy, even occasionally pulling a smile from Ratchet.
'This was a wonderful idea', I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the ride home, I fall asleep, and only wake up when we pull up to my house.
"Goodnight Optimus." I mumble as I stumble out of his cab and into the house, still half-asleep. I head up to my room, and fall back asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.