Chapter Fifteen If she wants to play, I'll play.

Jayden
Today we are back home and all I can think about is...School. Last time we were at school the Jordan incident happened. I drag myself out of bed and walk into the bathroom and go through my morning routine; shower, hair, and clothes. I pull my hair into a loose fishtail braid on the side of my head. I know that Hayes has a game today so I decide to dig out his football shirt that he told me to keep when we first met. Then, I put on some dark skinny jeans and my converse. I walk downstairs and say goodbye to my mom and walk out the door.
I met Liz and Hayes at the end of my driveway.
"Ah, I remember that shirt from our first practice, but I think then it was an accident that day....is it an accident today?" Liz says as she nudges Hayes and I.
"Not today, today I actually wanted to wear a 'Davidson Day Football' t-shirt with 'GRIER' in big letters on the back because I remember this super hot guy with sparkling blue eyes told me I should keep it because things change fast. Then, he winked at me and walked off." I say as I glance over at Hayes and he's smiling like an idiot.
"I was wondering when you would finally wear it." Hayes says as he continues to smile.
"Well it's the semi-finals tonight?" I say with a smirk.
"You remembered!" Hayes says with excitement.
"How could I forget, I'm dating the quarterback." I say with a grin.
"I'll have to meet him, because he's a really lucky guy." Hayes says with a smirk.
"He sure is." I say as I bite my lip.
Then Hayes grins again and swings his arm around my waist.
"I love you, Grier." I say as I look up at him.
"I love you too, Jay." Hayes says as we walk over to Luke and some of the other football guys.
"Ah Ms. Lucky Charm herself." Luke says as he gives me a hug.
"I like your shirt by the way." Luke says once he pulls away. Then, he winks at Hayes.
The bell rings and everyone heads for their lockers. I grab everything I need for the first couple periods and then walk with Hayes to first period.
~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ ••
Flash forward to the Game
I walk to Liz's locker because she said she would watch the game with me. We start walking to the bleachers, but a girl with long blonde hair stops us. She's wearing a fringe crop top and leggings with converse. Her hair is in a high ponytail and its long, but not even close to length of Liz and I's.
"Excuse me." I say as I try to go around her, but she stops me.
"You must be Jayden, I'm Jordan." The sound of her name makes me cringe. Flash backs flood into my mind.
"Hi Jordan." I say as I raise an eyebrow. I don't have time to deal with her, so let her say what she wants.
"I just thought I would let you know that you're a very lucky girl. Hayes and I used to date and everything was great....until he ran into a girl in the hall after school. Then, he was done with me," she said with a pause. "I honestly feel bad for you, if he would leave me for a girl he ran into in the hall and knew absolutely nothing about....I would hate to see what he does when he kissed a girl that he had a history with." Then she raised an eyebrow and smirked because she knew she had gotten into my head. She got what she wanted, she put the thought of Hayes leaving me for her in my head. Before I could think too hard about what she said Liz tugged on my arm and we walked to the bleachers. Once we sat down I started thinking about what Jordan said again,
Would he really leave me for her? Well, he did leave her for me when he knew nothing about me. Then again, her and I are a lot different.
I quickly shake off my thoughts before Jordan's words could mess with my head anymore. That's all she wanted anyways, for me to over think what she said and mess things up with Hayes because of it. So, I decided that if she wanted to play this game that was okay...because I'm gonna win. If she wants me to make a big deal about Hayes leaving her for me when he barley knew me, I'll just use that to my advantage. Think about it, how awful that would feel, you date a guy and one day after school he dumps you for a girl he ran into and knew absolutely nothing about. Wouldn't that make you feel awful... If she wants to play I'll use that to my advantage....

If Jordan wants to play...let's play.
| •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• |
Okay if she wants to play, let's play. She has no idea what she just got herself into....

Don't forget to vote and comment

-Ashlynn♡