Chapter Six Lucky Charm

Hayes' POV

I stand there a little after Jayden shuts the door. Gosh, she's the best thing that has happened to me. I'm so glad I switched our shirts the other day, that started it all. I smile thinking about Jayden and walk home.
••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• •••••
I wake up early and text Jayden (yes, I did get her number😏)
To Jay💕: Hey Jay, I'll be over at your house around 7 to walk you to school. See you then, babe(;
From Jay💕: See you then Grier(;
I then get ready and eat. I tell Nash that off to school with Jayden and then he gives me a smirk and starts making kissing noises, if he only knew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jayden's POV
I get a text from Hayes that he's here and I quickly grab my converse and walk outside to meet him at the end of the driveway.
"Hey beautiful, are your feet okay now?" He says as he throws his arm over my shoulder.
"They're okay, but I'm sure that Coach Jim is going to freak out when he sees all the red marks." I say with a laugh as I lean my head on his shoulder.
"Hey Jay....um...nevermind." He says as we keep walking.
"Um...okay." I say. Secretly I was dying to know what he was going to say and why he didn't say it, but if he wanted me to know he would have said it. So I just change the subject.
"Hey, I heard you have a game tonight?" I say looking up at him since he's a little bit taller than I am.
"Yeah, how did you know?" He says as his face lights up like a kid on Christmas morning.
"The entire school was talking about how the amazing Hayes Grier is going to lead us to the championship this year starting tonight." I say with sarcasm as I say 'the amazing Hayes Grier'.
"Haha, yeah. It's a lot of pressure, but maybe if you were there I wouldn't be so nervous." He says with a smirk on his face.
"Hmmm, maybe..." I say with a smirk.
"So...you'll come?" He says looking down at me.
"Wouldn't miss it." I say with a smile. We approach the school and I hear people whispering. I hear one girl and she says, "Is that Hayes with the new girl? She's so lucky! I think they're dating." A bunch of other girls agree and say, "I wish I was her." and other things of that nature. As we walk down the hall to my locker I hear a lot of girls say things like that. I also hear a bunch of Hayes' friends say stuff like, "Oooo, get it." That makes me laugh and I look at Hayes and he's smiling like an idiot. I grab my stuff and Hayes and I walk to first period together.
"So, you're a pretty big deal." I say as we walk.
"What do you mean?" Hayes says as he bites his lip.
"I heard a bunch of girls on our way in say things like that we were dating and then they would say 'Jayden is so lucky' and things like that." I say and with that I bite my lip.
"Oh, yeah. Being football team caption, I'm pretty popular. People are always in my business. They assume a bunch of things that aren't true." He says as we take our seats. In a way my heart broke a little when he said 'they assume a bunch of things that aren't true' because it means we aren't dating, and we weren't so it shouldn't bother me. After all we only had one date, but the problem is that I want him to ask me to be his girlfriend, so it did bother me.
••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• •••••
After School(:
I go to my locker and wait for Liz, we're going to the game together. I shut my locker and see Liz is waiting for me.
"So...we're going to see Prince Charming play...because he asked you to come watch..." She said as she wiggled her eyebrows.
I could feel myself blush. Gosh, what is this boy doing to me? I never blush, but every time I hear his name my cheeks turn bright red.
"Yes. I thought it would be fun, you know support your school." I say with a smile.
"Uh huh," she said "plus Mr.Quarterback has a major crush on you!" She says as she nudges me. We walk onto the field and take our seats as we wait for the game to start.
••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• •••••
The game has been going on for a long time and we're down by five with time running out. We have the ball and we need a touchdown to win the game. The crowd stands up in celebration as Hayes throws the ball down the field and Luke makes the catch for a touchdown to win the game. Without thinking I run down to the field once the game is over and jump into Hayes' arms, "Congratulations Grier!" I scream as he spins me around.
"Ah, so this is Ms. Lucky Charm?" Luke says as he walks over to Hayes and I.
"Lucky Charm?" I say confused.
"Yeah, ever since Hayes over here met you he's been on fire. You saw it, a perfect throw to win the game." Luke says as me walks away and mouths something to Hayes, but I didn't catch what it was.
"Ah, so that's why you wanted me to come? Because you wouldn't has won if I wasn't here." I say with a smirk.
"Whatever." Hayes says as he sets me down.
"Just face it Grier, you need me." I say as we walk off the field.
"You know what, you're right. I need you, I need you to go on another date with me." He says as he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in front of him.
"Oh really, well I think I could squeeze you into my schedule." I say with a smirk.
"Well are you free this Friday?" He says with a smirk.
"Um," I say pretending to think about it, "actually, I'm free this Friday." I say with a smile.
"Not anymore." Hayes says as he throws me over his shoulder.
"HAYES, HAYES PUT ME DOWN!" I yell over and over and Hayes starts running with me over his shoulder.
"Fine." He says as he puts me down.
For the rest of the walk home we talk about the game. Then when we get to my house we say goodbye and I walk into my house with a huge grin on my face.
\\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\ \\\\\
Okay, so she's his Lucky Charm(;
Don't forget to vote and comment what you think!
-Ashlynn♡