Chapter Eight Game on Grier

Jayden's POV

After I got home I told Liz all about my date and she said she was very happy for me, then I doctored all my blisters and went to sleep.

Now it's Monday morning. That only means one thing, School. I quickly get out of bed and walk to the bathroom and do my normal routine, shower, dry my hair, and I decided to loosely curl my hair at the ends. Then, I went to my closet to pick out some clothes. I ended up deciding on skinny jeans and my 'St. Louis Cardinals' shirt and my grey Vans. I was about to walk downstairs when I heard my phone go off, I had a text from Hayes and a text from Liz. I opened Liz's first;
From Lizzy🌸: Hey Jay, don't forget we have practice tonight and Coach Jim said come 10 minutes early because he has some news to give.
To Lizzy🌸: Thanks for the reminder Liz, I'll be there on time. See you soon.
Then I checked Hayes'.
From Grier🙈: Hey Jay, I had an early football practice so, I can't walk with you and Lizzy this morning. See you in class Babe(;
To Grier🙈: Okay, I'll just walk with Liz. See you then Grier(;
Then I lock my phone and walk to the front door because Liz should be here soon. As soon as I walk downstairs, Liz walks through the door.
"Ready to go?" She says as she hands me my duffle bag.
"Yep." I say popping the 'p'.
We walk out the door and start walking towards the school. We talk a little about what Coach Jim was going to say at practice, but neither of us had any idea. We got to school and I was on my about to open my locker when I saw the most awful thing, my heart shattered into a million pieces and I felt like crying. Nope, not today Jayden. Not here. Just go find Liz, she'll make it better. I quickly find Liz at her locker and pull her to the side so no one will hear our conversation.
"Jayden, what the cr-" but she doesn't finish, she looked up at me and saw nothing but one tear escape my glossy eyes, "Oh Jay, what happened?" She said in a caring voice.
"I-I-I saw Prince Charming kissing another girl in the hallway on my way to my locker." I say in a sarcastic tone when I got to the words, 'Prince Charming' then, I wipe the tears, so no one would realize I'm crying. All Liz could do was shake her head, then after she comprehended what I said she was filled with rage. I couldn't let her make a scene about this, I wanted to do it myself, on my own, in my own way. If he wants to play like that, well game on Grier.
"What's with the smirk, you were about start bawling a minute ago," Liz says with a laugh.
"If he wants to play, I'll play. This is gonna be fun." I say with a smirk.
"Jayden, you cannot go around kissing guys left and right it'll get out and then you'll be known as the school's biggest slut." Liz whisper-yells.
"I'm not going to go around kissing guys left and right, I'm just going to play the game." I say as I raise both my eyebrows and smirk.
"Play the game? Play the game! You don't even know what the game is Jayden! Much less how to play it!" She says as she puts her hand over her face and shakes her head.
"Okay, I just thought it sounded cool.." I say as I look to her.
"Jayden, you can't play if you don't know how, so I'll teach you," and with the last word she smirks and then continues, "you ignore him today....completely. Then, if he comes to see what's wrong with his precise lucky charm, you can spill what you saw. His game will be to make you believe he feels guilty or that Jordan kissed him and he didn't kiss back....you tell him to prove it to you that he's sorry. This you're game, not his." She says and with that we took our seats and waited for class to start.
Game on Grier.
••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• •••••
Okay, so a little drama. There is a reason she didn't just run over there and lash out at him -they aren't together- but don't worry, she'll get back at him, in her own way. Let's just play the game...
-Ashlynn♡