Chapter Ten I love you Grier

Jayden's POV

After I left Hayes I went over to Liz and told her what happened and she said she was proud of me. Now it's Tuesday morning which means it's Game Day. I really don't want to go to the game, but Coach Jim said he wants all of us at the football game tonight because it's important for us to show school spirt. So, I drag myself out of bed and walk to the bathroom to do my regular routine; shower, hair, and clothes. I end up wearing my 'Davidson Day Softball' t-shirt I got awhile ago with some light faded skinny jeans and I fold up the cuff. Then, I slip on my converse and walk outside. I meet Liz at the end of my driveway and she says, "Ready for the game today?"
"I mean, I want to support the team because I have class with most of the guys....but you know who will be there." I say as I play with my fingers.
"I could cover for you, you don't have to come." Liz says with a soft smile.
"No, I don't want to get both of us in trouble. I'll just go, it can't be that bad." I say as we approach school. I go to my locker. I get all my books and grab the door to shut it, but it's stopped. I look over with my eyebrows raised expecting Hayes. To my surprise it's not Hayes, it's Will. Will is on the football team with Hayes and he's in my Math class. We talked once, but it was weird and he's really touchy.
"Hey baby, where's your boyfriend?" Will says as he looks around, I'm guessing for Hayes.
"He's not my boyfriend and don't call me 'Baby'." I say shutting the locker and trying to go around him.
"So, I'm hearing you're free. So what do you say babe. You and me this Friday?" Will says as he places his hand on my waist. I feel awkward and uncomfortable, I try again to get around Will. Again, he stops me.
"Aw, why are you trying to leave. I was just making friendly conversation." Will says with a smirk as his hand slowly creeps down from my waist. I throw his hand off me and say, "Please stop touching me!"
"You mean like this?" Will says as he slides his hand down my side. I start looking around for a teacher, but there are none, just kids passing us in the hall.
"She said to stop touching her." Someone says and I spin around to see Hayes is there. He looks pissed.
"Oh yeah, and what are you going to do about it Grier?" Will says taking his hands off me.
"This." After that Hayes punched Will right in the nose. Will hit the ground and then went to the nurse. Once Will was gone I ran over to Hayes and I buried my face in his chest. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair, "It's okay, I'm here." He whispered in my ear.
"Thank you, I was afraid of what he was going to do next." I say as I pull my head off his chest.
"It's okay Jay, I will never let any guy touch you ever again....I promise." He says as he pulls me into another hug.
"Hayes, why are you being so nice to me?" I say into his chest.
"Because I want to prove that I'm sorry to you." He says and then I pull out of our hug and ask if he wants to go to class now. He nods his head and then we walk to class together.
••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• •••••
Flash forward to the Game(:
After the thing with Will this morning Hayes and I got a little more back to normal. After our last class he walked with me to my locker,
"Are you coming to the game?" He says as he leans on the locker next to mine.
"Why, worried your lucky charm wasn't going to show up?" I say with a laugh.
"No, I was worried that my lucky charm wasn't going to come running on the field to congratulate me when I win, because..." He says, but doesn't finish.
"Well, I'll have to see about that one Grier." I say with a smirk.
"I'll be waiting, I got to go warm up. See you after the game, Jay." He says as he kisses my forehead and walks away.

After Hayes leaves to warm up I walk with Liz and a couple of the girls from the team out to the bleachers. Once we take our seats Liz leans over and says, "So how is Mr. Quarterback?" She says as she gazes out to the field. Then, I do the same as our boys get there first touchdown. I see Hayes wink at me after the referee throws his hands in the air signaling that we got a touchdown.
"Well I guess that answers my question....I told you he would come back to you." Liz says as she wiggles her eyebrows. Then, we laugh and watch the rest of the game.
~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ •••
We end up winning the game by a landslide. Then, everyone gets up to leave and I do the same. I walk onto the field and walk over to Hayes. He isn't facing me because he's talking to Luke, so I decide to jump on his back as a surprise. I jump on his back and cover his eyes with my hands, "Guess who?" I say.
"Hmm, I'm gonna go with Jayden." He says as he pulls me off his back.
"I see you guys made up, since Ms. Lucky Charm is here." Luke says gesturing to me.
"Yeah, we did." Hayes says as he looks down at me.
"Well, I came to congratulate you Grier." I say as I give him a hug, "So congratulations." I finish.
"Thanks Jay, would you accompany me to dinner in celebration?" Hayes says with a smirk as I let go of him.
I look at Luke and he's shaking his head up and down while making a heart with his hands. It makes me laugh and then I say, "I'd enjoy that very much."
Then he smiles and throws me over his shoulder.
"Hayes Grier, put me down right now!" I yell as he runs off the field and towards the parking lot. He does as I said and then Luke and Hayes start laughing like crazy.
"Haha, very funny." I say in sarcastic tone. Then they grab their 'Davidson Day Football' duffle bags and we begin walking to with me in the middle of them. I throw my arms over their shoulders as I say, "Love you boys."
They both smile and then we walk the rest of the way to Tony's Pizza Palace.
We get to the restaurants Luke says, "Three please."
"Is a booth okay?" The hostess says.
"That's fine."
We all take our seats. I sit on the same side as Hayes and Luke sits on the other side by himself. We talk for what feels like forever. Then we decide to walk home. I walk in the middle again, and when we get to my house I say, "I had a lot of fun, we should do this again. Maybe next time Lizzy can come." Then I give both of them a hug and they give me a hug back and I go inside. Just before I get inside I run back over to Hayes and give him a big hug as he picks me up and I wrap my legs around his torso,
"I love you Grier." I say in his ear.
"I love you too, Jay." He says as he sets me down. Then I walk back up to the porch and go inside.
~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ ••• ~~ •••
Okay, so I thought this was sweet. Hayes and Jayden are back to normal! Don't forget to vote and comment what you thought!
-Ashlynn♡