Chapter Twelve The talk at the cave

Jayden's POV

After everyone enjoyed the bon fire we all went inside. Hayes and I still had to unpack since we went to the bridge while everyone else unpacked. The cabin is really cozy, it was made from real oak and had just enough space for everyone. I liked it, it made me feel protected and it had a loving feel about it. Hayes and I quickly unpacked our bags. We were bunking in the same room, but there was a bunk bed. I told Hayes he could have the bottom bunk that was a full size bed and I would take the top which is a twin. We unpack everything and check the clock. It was about 11:30pm so I crawl onto the top bunk and slowly drift off the sleep.
•• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | •• | ••
The next morning.
I wake up and make my way down the ladder to the floor. Hayes is still asleep, so I quietly walk out of our room and shut the door behind me. Nash and Cam are both in the kitchen along with Elizabeth and Mr. Floyd. I walk in and as soon as I step into the kitchen Cam throws me over his shoulder and starts running out the door.
"CAMERON DALLAS YOU BETTER PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" I yell as I repeatedly hit his back.
"Gladly." He says and then he throws me into the lake. I'm soaked and my hair is a mess and my clothes are dripping wet. Then, I get an idea.
"Hey Cam, you want a hug?" I say with a smirk. He quickly nods his head as a 'no' but that doesn't stop me. I run over to him and give him a giant hug, making sure to get him completely soaked.
"Jayden! You got me all wet!" Cam says as we walk back up the the cabin.
"That's what you get for throwing me in the lake!" I say with a laugh. Then, Cam throws his arm over my shoulder and we walk into the cabin together. Moments like these are things I never have at home. I'm an only child, and I've always wanted an older brother. Someone to protect me, and care for me in a way my parents can't.
"Oh my goodness! You two are soaking wet! To the showers!" Elizabeth says as Cam and I both head to our rooms.
I quietly open the door to my room, incase Hayes is still asleep. Which he is. I walk over to my bag and grab my black bikini and some high waisted shorts. Then I walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I do my regular routine after I get out of shower; hair & clothes. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and put on my bikini and my shorts. I didn't grab a shirt, so I just wear the shorts with the bikini top. I walk out of the bathroom to a shirtless Hayes rummaging through his bag. His tone, six pack is exposed and he looks really cute with his bed head.
"Like what you see?" Hayes says with a laugh, I guess he caught me staring at his abs. I just laugh in response and notice that he's staring at me.
"The question is, do you like what you see, Grier?" I say as I raise an eyebrow.
"I might like seeing you in a bikini." Hayes says with a smirk.
"You might?" I say with a smirk.
"Yeah....I might." Hayes says as he moves closer to me. We're inches apart.....then the door opens and Nash yells, "HURRY UP, WE'RE GOING TO GET THE JET SKIS!" Then he looks at us with wide eyes, "oh I interrupted something." and then he wiggles his eyebrows and leaves.
"Come on, Grier." I say as I drag Hayes out the door.

We walk to the lake and everyone gets on the Jet Skis. Cam, Nash, and Mr. Floyd have their own. Skylynn and Elizabeth are sharing and Hayes and I are sharing. Everyone goes their seperate ways after Elizabeth tells us to be back around 6 o'clock for dinner.
Hayes is driving and I'm behind him.
"Hold on Jay, this is gonna be fun." Hayes says and just as soon as I get my arms around him he hits the gas and we go zooming across the lake.
"Hayes, where are we going?" I yell so he can hear me.
"It's a surprise!" He yells back. Then, we drive a few more minutes until we reach a cave.
"We're here." Hayes says as he hops off the jet ski. He gets off and then picks me up off the jet ski. The cave is beautiful. It's lite by the little crack of daylight in the roof and has swallow water on the bottom.
"This is really beautiful Hayes." I say. It was a little odd, calling him Hayes, I always call him Grier.
"Just like you." He says as we sit on a taller part of the cave above the water.
"You're so cliché Grier." I say with a laugh.
"It's not being cliché if you mean it." He says and that makes me smile. We sit for a little without any questions and then I say, "Hayes, can I ask you something that I've been meaning to ask you for awhile."
"Oh course, what is it?" He says as he looks over to me.
"Why did you kiss Jordan that day in the hallway?" There I said it! This question has been eating away at me ever since I saw him do it. I had to have an answer.
Hayes looked at me with soft eyes.
"Jordan and I were a thing right before you moved here. After that day I ran into you I broke up with Jordan. I didn't know if you liked me, but I knew I had feeling towards you. I had to try everything to find out if you felt the same way. Then, every time I would pass Jordan in the hallway she would be all over me. I guess that morning I just gave into her." My eyes were already glossy and were getting worse with every word he said. I looked up into his blue eyes and shook my head.
"You just gave in, huh? You just gave in? Hayes, how am I suppose to deal with that? What if when we go back to school Jordan continues this-no I know Jordan will continue to tease you until you finally cave again....but what am I suppose to do then Hayes? Just shake it off like it's normal for my boyfriend to kiss another girl every now and again because she's not over him!" I say as I look at him and shake my head, "or is he not over her?" I say in a soft voice because I'm afraid of the answer he's about to give me, but I don't get an answer. All I get are two arms wrap around me from behind and Hayes' head find a spot on top of mine.
"I know you're mad at me Jay, and you have every right to be. I shouldn't have caved into Jordan's teasing. Please, just give me a chance to make it up to you." He whispers in my ear, but for the first time in a long time I don't cave. Liz has taught me a lot, but something she always had to do for me was have a backbone. She was the one who had to stand up for me and make sure I didn't let people that were going to hurt me back into my life. Well, today Liz would be proud because I just found my backbone. I pull out of Hayes' arms and turn to face him.
"I asked you to prove you were sorry Grier, and you did a great job making me believe you were. You're good at this game, but I don't want to play anymore." and with that I got back on the jet ski and drove away, leaving Hayes at the cave...alone.
•• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~ •• ~
Ah, you gotta love a good cliffhanger. Don't forget to vote and comment what you thought.
-Ashlynn♡