Chapter thirteen

I woke up to the soft snoring of Shin. He was tired from yesterday. I tried to move my leg. It stung a little but I could move it just fine. Just when I was about to get out of bed I felt his hand grab mine. He was awake now.

"Stay, for a while"

I carefully slid back into the covers and then his hand wrapped around me. I can not explain how safe and content I felt when he did that. I didn't move. His breath was fanning my neck. It was almost like a cradle. I slept like a baby.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I took it from the side table and picked it without checking the ID. It was Tamiko. One of my close friends.

"Hello"

"Sup"

"I was asleep jam chin"

(Yes I call her jam)

"Uh huh. You're asleep at 10am in the morning did you do some extra curricular activities last night?"

I almost heard her wink through the phone.

"No. I sprained my my leg."

"The extra curricular activity was so intense huh?"

I laughed.

"I tripped on a water pipe"

"How boring. Anyways you ok? Oh wait I almost forgot you have a doctor husband"

"I'm fine. How you doin? How's Tetsu?"

One person. Only one person can make her blush or act all girly. And that was Kuroko. She squealed.

"He's right here and yeah I'm fine. We both are busy with so much work."

"Tell Tetsu I said hi and Midorima says hello to you two."

"He said hi back and tell Midorima that I know he hasn't said hi and wife did in place of him"

"Jam chin"

"What? I'm being honest here"

"Okay"

"Hai. So look after yourself Yume. I'm going out with Tetsu"

She sang. I smiled. She caught his habit of saying yes a lot.

"Okay. Bye. Have a nice time."

I kept the phone back on the table and saw that Midorima still had his arm draped over me. I pushed his hand away rather carefully and got up. I stretched and then rubbed my eyes.

"How's your leg?"

"Uhh yeah it's fine. Thanks for yesterday"

He didn't reply and then we both bot up to go brush. I was brushing my teeth looking at Midorima in the mirror. He was looking at himself.

I gargled extra loudly just to irritate him and then I washed my face and walked out. I slipped on the carpet but he helped me keep my balance. Phew.

"Thanks"

"You should be more careful nanodayo."

"Hmm"

I didn't know what to do today. With this sprained leg I couldn't walk or go around anywhere. I walked down the stairs really slowly and I ended up in the shogi room. I went further and saw a music room. I wanted to listen to him play. I couldn't ask him tho.

So I just went to the living room to watch TV, where someone else would play tunes. On my way to the living room I took a can of coke. I watched a few of Coldplay's best videos and then I ended up thinking about our first kiss.