Chapter eleven

Midorima POV
I reached the hospital after a long drive. Yume had called me. I need to get back tonight. Can't let her stay alone.

I spoke to the manager and she let me switch assistants and now I had a male assistant.

I attend the meeting and start driving faster in order to see her sooner. I stop by a cake shop she loves and took one slice of each flavour.

She's actually a lot like her brother. I call her.

"Yume?"

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG SHINTARO? Do you know? Do you even know how scary it is to be here all alone-"

"I'm on my way"

"You're on your way now? Okay then get some flowers for my grave and maybe a coffin too because before you reach I'd be dead because of the wrath of demons or worse the wrath of...*gulp* ghosts..."

"Calm down nanodayo, have you had dinner?"

"Screw dinner I haven't had lunch or tea. I've been to the bathroom once and now I can't move"

"Ok I'll be there soon. Just relax. Pass time"

"No. Talk to me until you reach here."

"What? That's another 3 hours!"

"Fine then."

She hung up. I called back immediately. She didn't pick it until the last ring.

"What?"

"Talk to me"

"You say something shin...taro"

"How was today?"

"IT SUCKED. YOU SUCK!"

I flinched because of her high pitch.

"I'll try and make it better"

"You can't."

"I will. I'm almost there."

"I'm counting minutes. Tell me how many more?"

"About 90"

"Do not tell me you're driving at super speed just because you can"

I slowed the car down to normal pace so that I wouldn't have to lie.

"No nanodayo why would I do that?"

"Because you have a Lamborghini"

"Are you trying to say I show my wealth off?"

"I didn't mean that ok"

We spoke a lot and meanwhile I was at the car's speed limit. She was falling asleep.

"Yume"

"Hmn"

She was half asleep. I reached the mansion. I didn't hang up even though I knew she was asleep and then I heard footsteps on the other line.

This wasn't right.