Chapter five

Midorima POV

I felt her fingers touch mine and my heart skipped a beat. She immediately left. She didn't even as much as look at me.

What have I done?

After a while she came back and I was watching something just to spend some time around her. She was fidgeting a lot.

I wasn't watching the show on TV instead I was watching her from the corner of my eye.

I finally got up to leave and went towards our room she followed.

She was scared of ghosts. I knew it.

She checked her drawers and she was shocked when they were empty. She left but she was nervous.

Ghosts can make several people nervous. I wanted to comfort her but I couldn't.

But she needs comforting.

I sprayed disinfectant over my mattress and took my pillow and blanket and walked towards her room. I opened the door.

"Can I sleep here nanodayo? I saw little cockroaches on my bed-"

"Sh- Shintaro?"

"Yes. Actually I sprayed disinfectant on the mattress it won't happen again- "

"You can"

"Thank you. I won't be sleeping here tomor-"

"Hmm"

I laid down facing away from her. She was shivering.

I went to touch her forehead. She was sweating. She slapped my hand away.

" Are you okay? You're shivering."

"I'm fine shin. Please just go to sleep, it's late"

"Hmm"

"..."

"Are you sure you're fine?"

I asked.

"YES! NOW SLEEP!"

She snapped.

I put the covers over my head and pretended to sleep until her breathing slowed down. It did.

She moved closer to me very slowly and carefully. I didn't dare to move. I was here for a reason.

She called me shin. She was unaware of that.

Horror movies always affect her. Her leg touched mine through our blankets. She finally fell asleep and so did I.

xxxxxx

When I woke up I saw that shin was already gone but thanks to him I had a good sleep.

I saw a cup of coffee beside me on my side table. With a note.

Leaving early because of emergency cases. Heat this and then drink. Thanks for letting me use your bed.

~ YOURS
Shintaro

He darkened the yours. Yours? did he mean it? was he really mine? I smiled. Then I immediately frowned. I can't be vulnerable now. I sent him a text.

To: Shintaro
Thanks for the coffee. It wasn't necessary though.

I got an immediate reply.

From: Shintaro
It was to say thank you for yesterday.

I didn't reply. After 15 minutes. I get another text.

From: Shintaro
Good morning!

I didn't know how he managed to double text because he never sends them. I replied.

To: Shintaro
Morning.

From: Shintaro
Aren't you going to office today?

To: Shintaro
Aren't you prying too much today?

I don't get a reply for about 5 minutes.

From: Shintaro
I don't think so

I smile to myself.

To: Shintaro
I'm leaving now

He replied the 31st second.

From: Shintaro
Ok. Be careful.

I replied

Thank you

He replied

Hmm

Hell no Shintaro. Even in texts? I replied.

K

He didn't text back but he used his phone to text. I got ready and left for work.

After a long day of work I came back home and I found Midorima's car in the parking lot and the doors were unlocked too.

Why was he home so early? It was barely 6pm. I rushed in and shin was in a white linen shirt and black pants. It looked like he was going out again.

"Okairi" he said.

"Hmm.. You going out?" I asked

"Yeah. Akashi called. They invited us to dinner. I couldn't say no to Akashi. So get ready soon nanodayo."

After that being said he pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose and faced the other way.

"Give me 10" I said and I ran to my room. I was about to meet my best friend again.

I was all dressed up in five minutes and I checked myself one last time in the mirror.

"Oh. Not that bad. "

Black dress always saves the day. Keeps the ugliness away.

I brushed my hair with my fingers and moved out of the house.

Midorima's POV

She looked tired and shabby. But I was used to it. After informing her about the dinner. I waited for her. For a while and then..

There she was. She looked beautiful. Her lips were red and I wanted to kiss her hard. Her cheeks had the slightest amount of pink. If only I could reach out for-

"Let's go"

She said snapping me out of my thoughts and I realised my mouth was slightly open so I immediately shut it close and we walked out of the house locking the door behind towards the garage.

xxxxxxx

We reached aka chins mansion and Akira was standing outside to greet us. One of the butlers opened the car doors for us ad I ran towards her and she smiled and gave me a quick hug. She smiled at Midorima and he smiled back slightly and nodded.

We walked towards the living room and aka chin was playing shogi. We greeted him and he reciprocated. Akira motioned for us to sit on the couch and we do as we're told.

"We need to talk about something with you two" Akira said.

Me and Midorima exchanged looks. We nodded together.