Chapter Five

First of all, I really wanted to thank all of you who have voted, fanned and left a comment. It means a lot to me.

Second, I am sorry for the long wait, I usually write the chapters in pairs, and Xavier's chapter just didn't work. Even though i know exactly where I want this story to go, his chapter just didn't come as easily. To be honest, he sounded like a girl. So after a few days I erased chapter Five and Six and started a new. The thing is, now I'm not as happy about Eliza's chappie. But anyways, you have to suck before you get better, so I left it as it is now.

PS: Chapter six will be up in a few!

Now, on with the story.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Five: Eliza

I’d slipped up. When Drew laid his hand on me today, a total innocent gesture one that I hadn’t seen coming, I had been scared. Real scared. I told him he’d startled me, but he hadn’t even noticed a thing.

I told coach Peterson I had an ankle injury and couldn’t participate in gym for a few weeks or so. He’d asked for a doctor’s note and I told him I would bring one next time. It had all been a lie of course but I wasn’t ready to face exposing my arms.

Drew waved at me and I waved back. But then my eyes are drawn to another person, Xavier. His walk was arrogant and he and his friend are laughing about something. I can see his toned stomach through his gym t-shirt, and images float through my head. At least I’m not longer staring straight at him.

‘Earth to Eliza,’ I heard Caitlin say.

I look up and see that Drew and Xavier are on opposite sides of the field, ‘Hey, what’s happening?’ I ask her.

‘They’re gonna play soccer.’  She says as she sits next to me, fixing her red hair.

I guess that Drew and Xavier are going to pick the teams, which is absurd because Peterson could’ve just said: Mexicans to this side, the rest to the other side.

I was sitting at Drew’s side, all of my friends were, no doubt as to which team we were supporting.

Xavier’s team didn’t stand a chance, at least half of Drew’s team was on the soccer team, not to mention Drew himself was the best player they had.

But we weren’t even five minutes in the game or it became evident that Xavier was a way better player than Drew. Somehow his team worked better, as if they had complete understanding of what was going to happen.

Halfway through the game, Xavier started to pull his shirt off and his team followed. Drew did the same, which wasn’t surprising because by the way they were moving they must have been very hot and sweaty.

I looked at Drew and sweat sparkled on his pale body. He had a nice body, he may not have a six-pack, but he was in shape and very strong. Drew had that typical American built.

I couldn’t help but compare him to Xavier. His body showed more muscle, and he wasn’t as squire build as Drew, though he was almost as tall. He wasn’t as broad as Drew was, and his hips were slightly smaller than his shoulders.

Sweat was also dripping from his body, but I was more drawn to his tattoos. Though he wasn’t wearing his bandanna and his black hair was wet and flicked drops of sweat his he moved, he still looked very dangerous.

Cheering came from the other side of the bleachers as the south sider girls cheered for their men. Our team had lost with 2-1. I just couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t that I thought we were better than them, but our side had all the school’s soccer players.