Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“I can’t believe you’re still mad at me,” Xavier said for the umpteenth time. I’d been ignoring him for the past, oh I don’t know, two hours or so? But now I’d had enough.

“You kidnapped me!” I exclaimed.

“Well, not really.” was his pathetic excuse.

“Not really? You grabbed me when I was walking home, forced me into the car, which means that I went in your car unwillingly, and now you won’t let me go. How is that not a kidnap?”

“You’re not blindfolded.” He said after a long time consideration of my circumstances, no doubt.

“Not anymore!” I replied, knowing that my face was red and not from shame. I just couldn’t believe this! Here I was, silently and quietly walking back home from work, after all it had been a beautiful Friday night perfect for a walk, and the next thing I know some baboon grabs me from behind and pushes me into a car. I’d been terrified. Until I saw that said baboon was a familiar one. Then when he blindfolded me I’d been highly aware that most kidnaps were done by people you knew.

“I’m not gonna ask for a ransom.” Xavier said, almost questioning.

I just glared at him.

It was silent for another few minutes as I stared  outside. Due to the blindfold for most part of the ride, I had no idea where we were going. It was already dark and I couldn’t really see any of the scenery around us.

“My dad is home. He’ll be worried.”

Xavier looked sheepish when he told me, “Ah, yeah, he won’t. I kind of stole your phone and texted him when I went for that pee break.”

I let out one angry breath and refused to speak to him for another hour or so. Then the silence became too much and I said, “Does Julio know about this.”

Xavier scoffed, “Who do you think told me where you were?”

My mouth fell open, “Oh that traitor, no more free ice creams for him.”

With pleasure I saw that Xavier looked indignant as he said, “What? He told me he had to pay for it, that bastard!”

Not responding, I looked out the window to see if I knew where we were, and where we were heading. After a few seconds I found out I didn’t have a clue.

“So, now we have established this isn’t a kidnapping, are you willing to forgive me?”

“If this isn’t a kidnapping, then what is it?”

He gave me a big-ass grin, and changed his radio station, searching until he found what he was looking for. The way you look tonight blared from his boxes. Great, I thought, a love song.

“This, my dear, is an attempt to woo you.”

I raised my eyebrows and, in  my most sarcastic voice said, “Wow, you’re so amazing at this, making your object of affection mad at you in the first five seconds.”

The smile fell of his face, and he looked at me with lost puppy-dog eyes, tying to make me feel bad. I, however, didn’t fell for it and cocked an eyebrow. His grin returned immediately, and he said, “Well, sure, but maybe that’s because you’re hot when you’re mad. Besides, I just know you’ll love where we’re going.”

“And where is that?”

“If I told you all that blindfolding would be for nothing, wouldn’t it?” he said.