Chapter 2: Time for a visit!

Dan's POV

I awoke early the next morning to chirping birds outside my window and a strange smell coming from the room next door.

The office.

It wasn't a dream. He's really hurt.

My heart shatters at the thought of what could have happened after I left.

I walked slowly out my bedroom door and to the kitchen. Making sure to close my eyes when I passed the office.

I took out my computer. What should I do?

I decided tweeting would be best.

I logged onto twitter and started to type.

Having a pretty normal morning. Maybe I should visit someone.

I should visit someone. That someone is Phil.

I quickly made breakfast and got dressed before heading off to the A&E.

The nurses were pleasant. I guess word travels fast through a hospital.

They told me everything was going to be fine.

I believed them.

As I walked down the hall to Phil's ward I got a cold chill down my back and as I turned around I could have sworn I saw a dark shadow in the corner of the room.

"Your probably just tired." I said to myself as I continued to walk past the rooms of patients.

Finally I got to Phils room.

You wanna know who was sitting upright in there bed picking slowly at their food? Phil. The one who had been hit in the head an unconscious last night.

"Phil!" I said overjoyed as I ran into the room.

When he saw me his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Dan!! I thought. I thought you might have been been hurt. Or worse. I just woke up to a plate of waffles on my lap and I started to eat! How are you? What happened? Most importantly are you hurt?" His voice was reasurring after what happened.

"I'm fine. There was a crash and you weren't answering so I ran in and someone had broken in and the hit you with their knife but it was blunt so it barely left a scratch and it only hit you hard enough to knock you out. When I ran in the man-"

"Or women" Phil butted in

"Or women jumped right back out the window and I called the paramedics." I finished quickly checking Phil over to make sure he was totally okay.

"At least your okay." He says leaning back into the hospital bed.

"It's probs a good thing you didn't hear or see anything last night." I say sadly. He doesn't need to know about what I or any of the doctors said or did. It wouldn't do him good.

"What why? Did I miss you confessing you love to me? I always miss the good stuff don't I!" Phil said crossly, pouting his cute little face.

"No no its not that! Just the nurses and doctors kept saying how cute We'd be together and stuff. And I may or may not have told you that If you didn't survive I wouldn't either. Not without you."

"Did you clarify we are just friends?" He says as though he didn't hear that last part.

"Yeah and they just kinda ignored it." I say sadly. "Hey do you want some good food? This hospital food must be terrible!" I say quickly as I can tell Phils just about to say something else.