Vol 4/ Chapter 122: Research Results of Galadra's Eye

"How's the research on 'Galadra's Eye' going, any progress?"

Taking advantage of the meal, I casually inquired out of idle curiosity.

"Galadra's Eye?" Judith paused eating when she heard those words, looking over at us puzzled. "I remember Galadra was one of the four elemental archangels, the angel of earth, and an ancestor of you angels. What's the connection?"

"Indeed, it's that very Galadra, but as for the connection..." Mia's gaze couldn't help turning towards us. After all, we were the ones who originally obtained that celestial weapon, so as Reed's assistant she knew its origins. But she couldn't bring herself to admit it was seized from monsters.

It was hard to imagine their own ancestor being involved with monsters, though that wasn't the only possible explanation.

From my perspective, I highly suspected the "Galadra's Eye" was likely a product of an ancient civilization. In the central city of the trial space, Adrian and I saw many items that seemed technology-related, though most were damaged and unusable. But there were some exceptions, like that "VR headset" using light elements for connectivity.

"I couldn't make much sense of the technological aspects of those machines..."

Reed, who had been silently eating, finally spoke up.

"Not even you could figure it out?" Cyra was stunned, hardly believing the ever capable Reed could be stumped.

It wasn't that strange really. No matter how intelligent Reed was, her knowledge only contained existing earthly theories. If the subject surpassed earthly knowledge, it would be odder if she could fully analyze it.

"Galadra's Eye doesn't just have a teleportation function - it combines abilities like communication, positioning, surveillance and other military applications. Since the spatial exchange mainly uses earth elements, that part involving elements or magic is a bit easier to understand."

Pausing, Reed suddenly produced a scroll and some black buttons, presenting them before us.

"So while the other functions are unrepairable due to material issues, I've managed to isolate and replicate the spatial transfer portion, though not perfectly."

Everyone curiously leaned in to look. I recognized those black buttons as devices to aid in positioning targets for Galadra's Eye transfers.

"These...these are components from the celestial weapon! You secretly took them out! If the High Council found out, that's a punishable offense!" Mia was aghast, pointing at the black buttons.

"There were so many location buttons on Galadra's Eye, a few missing won't matter. Elara definitely won't pursue it," Reed remained perfectly calm, not concerned at all until Mia had vented enough.

"If you kick up a fuss to the Council, you'll be implicated too!"

Well, Mia was already in the same boat, probably regretting taking on this assistant role where unorthodox research kept cropping up with no progress on the Angel Descent Formation.

"So the transferred portal you isolated still needs those black buttons?"

Galadra's Eye was already damaged when we acquired it, so Reed repairing it wasn't too surprising to me. But replicating and isolating that function likely relied on the celestial weapon itself, right?

"So now we can teleport away from danger like those monsters did?"

To be honest, I was quite excited - it was like directly utilizing the celestial weapon's power. The spatial exchange was Galadra's Eye's most useful ability. If not for it, the angels may not have been forced back to their Edenmere stronghold. Considering the legendary life-saving feature, it was incredibly convenient.