Vol 4/ Chapter 111 - Rebirth by Fire

"Just give it up, with your measly third-tier power, which Church believer here isn't stronger than you?"

I snorted. Fortunately, Cysper has been the Pope for thousands of years and has enough tolerance, merely waving his hand dismissively without giving her too much trouble.

"Will you all go to Crescent City as originally planned next?"

Emerging from the tent, Adrian suddenly asked me after some thought.

"That's definitely the plan. Our original destination was the Sage Council anyway, and I promised to rendezvous with Nicola there..."

I nodded without hesitation in response.

"Go to Crescent City? Sounds good, we can travel together!"

With her sharp ears, Judith immediately perked up at those words, her previous indignant look replaced by excitement at the suggestion.

"I don't mind, but weren't you just ranting about absolutely not staying in the tents provided by the True Church, insisting to head down the mountain alone first?"

I glanced at her coolly. Night has already fallen - I definitely didn't want to descend in the dark, not when accommodation was available here. How foolish would that be?

"Hehe, those were just words spoken in the heat of the moment, thanks to that Saint Angel Cyra almost killing me! Since we're all going together, no need to rush anymore right?"

Of course, Judith wasn't dumb either. Hearing this, she immediately backtracked and shamelessly dragged Mike to personally pick her lodging.

Mike hesitated with an awkward look before finally nodding in agreement. He then quietly instructed Ron to stay with us while he went ahead with Judith first.

"What about you...?"

I was about to ask Adrian his plans when Yulanda walked over, looking utterly distraught and lost.

Everyone quickly asked about Vivianne's situation. Due to her emotional entanglement with Brennan being exposed earlier, Yulanda hadn't participated in our discussion with Cysper. But because of her position, she didn't join Brennan in chasing after Vivianne either, wandering off alone.

"Vivianne is fine, resting in a tent prepared for her. But Brennan stayed behind to keep her company..."

Yulanda looked on the verge of tears as she responded. Hearing that, we understood immediately. But there was nothing to be done - this was the typical development in a love triangle plotline after all. It could only elicit sighs.

That said, this was another world after all. Rumor had it that polygamy was permitted in the Astralrealm Kingdom. So could the three of them eventually...?

Now that would be rather exciting!

"Why fixate on one when the world is full of beauties? Just like this old guy here... Ouch!"

Cyra suddenly chimed in with that inappropriate comment. Before she could finish, I immediately kicked her.

"What was that for?!"

"Will you die if you don't speak?" I snapped back. She still dared to ask? Fortunately, Yulanda didn't seem to catch her words, but Adrian did glance at Cyra with some surprise.

"Your angel friend who shares the name 'Cyra' has quite the peculiar way of referring to herself. Is she always like this?"

"Haha..."

My heart skipped a beat as I hurriedly tried to explain.

"She's summoned newborn angel like me, so her inborn personality is rather unrestrained. Don't mind her too much!"