Vol 4/ Chapter 82 - Resetting

Why did Adrian do that to me? Even as I was fading away, I still couldn't understand it!

He had no reason or motive to kill me, if he really meant me harm, he should have acted much earlier, or not even saved me in the first place! Waiting until the last moment when I was about to be captured was just bizarre.

Was it to ensure I didn't fall into the enemy's hands?

But that doesn't make sense either, just outright killing me is such a strange move. Even if I was captured, it doesn't mean I'd definitely die.

Actually, I'm quite curious about this legendary "Saint Angel Cyra".

But...

Damn you, Adrian!!

I was suddenly blinded by a searing bright light, instinctively raising my hand to shield my eyes.

Huh, wasn't I just blown to bits?

When I opened my eyes, I was shocked to find myself still alive!

Looking at my hands and checking my body, I was completely unharmed, nothing like what I'd seen before my "death".

And strangely, everything had disappeared - the Apostles chasing us, Adrian, and the entire forest.

Instead...

"Where am I?"

I found myself back at the entrance of the village, the endless light overhead now gone, revealing the bright blue sky and dazzling sun.

"What's going on?"

Did the Apostles retreat, or has the God of Light already been killed? I couldn't help but speculate wildly.

Peering back at the forest that had "killed" me, there wasn't a single enemy in sight. If I remembered correctly, there were many Apostles hovering above the village, but now they've all vanished!

"..."

Could it be that everything that just happened was just a dream? Or an illusion?

But it felt so real! Being blown to bits is no joke, I don't think even dreams can come up with such a ridiculous plot!

Suddenly, I remembered a movie I once watched - "Final Destination", where the protagonist foresaw the impending danger and managed to avoid death.

But "Final Destination" is not the only movie with such a plot, there are many similar works across different genres, with completely different mechanisms and presentations.

So...

An incredible hypothesis formed in my mind. I resisted the urge to go check the "death scene" in the forest and instead continued into the village.

If nothing unexpected happens, the first thing I should see is-

Walking past a familiar house, there should be a woman coming out. But now, I see a man emerge instead.

This scene doesn't quite match up! Did I go to the wrong house?

Of course, I didn't call out to him to ask where I am, as there's no need for that now.

However, through the open door, I can see the woman I remembered is inside, mechanically sweeping the floor. She doesn't react at all to my presence, just continuing her repetitive motion.

It seems I'll have to speak loudly to get any response from them, but that's about it. This does fit Ron's description of the light pollution symptoms - insensitive to external stimuli.

Okay, the situation is a bit different from my memory, but that doesn't completely negate my hypothesis, I need to observe further.

A single counterexample doesn't prove anything, so I quicken my pace towards the central square of the village.