Vol 4/Chapter 119: Two Unexpected Guests

"But even so, you can't just ignore it completely! Astralrealm signed the peace treaty back then!"

Despite the Pope's explanation, Judith still could not understand the Sage Council's inaction. In her eyes, they should have intervened at all costs, legally and morally.

"Moreover, that's the birthplace of our Council! The Loren Family treated us well back then..."

Judith sounded quite stubborn, but considering the Sage Council's history, it made sense. Apart from other factors, there was mainly an issue of differing perspectives. In Judith's era, the Sage Council's establishment was at least half the time earlier than now. To her, it had only just been founded a couple hundred years ago, perhaps with some of the original founders still alive. So she likely had special feelings towards Parristol.

Alas, times had changed over the hundred-plus intervening years. The first generation members had basically all passed away. The Council's attitude towards Parristol naturally shifted, coupled with the declining local Parristol royals and internal Loren family strife allowing Astralrealm to seize the opportunity.

However, the Sage Council did not completely ignore it either. Though not openly obstructing Astralrealm, they resorted to covert meddling. The underground "Parristol Liberation Front" organization may well have received their clandestine support...

"Regardless, you should just accept reality now!"

The warm afternoon sun felt comfortable. Cysper stretched lazily as he stood up, having explained sufficiently before intending to leave. But then he suddenly remembered something and remarked weirdly, "It just feels off that the Sage Council lot went completely silent during this rebellion. Shouldn't they have at least voiced a stance?"

Indeed, the Sage Council's reaction to this incident reeked of foul play, including the unmentioned monster issue worrying Elara. Similarly, the southern Ilandra Dominion Empire's internal strife had long ended, yet they made no statement either when they should not have stood idly by. The two major powers' motives remained inscrutable.

"Hey, what stance does your angel kind take on this matter?" After Cysper and Mike left, Judith immediately inquired.

So she wanted to seek aid from Edenmere? She's not even from Parristol but so enthusiastic about it!

I gave her a sidelong glance. Though I understood her feelings, I dismissively replied, "Sorry, with our dwindling angel population, we have no spare attention for such petty human affairs, let alone when we're constantly busy fending off monster invasions!"

I spoke no lies! Most of Edenmere's forces were currently tied up defending the northern barren lands' frontlines, leaving Elara flustered with no capacity to care about some minor Parristol issue.

Of course, from my personal perspective, I definitely had no desire to get involved either.

"Oh right, isn't that Carl guy from this 'Parristol Liberation Front?'" Cyra suddenly recalled during the assassination incident in Makalan City where we nearly lost our lives. The cause was Carl, an assassin from the Parristol resistance, being thwarted by Nicola while attempting to kill King Galahad, then disguising himself as our carriage driver to secretly retaliate.

Perhaps that was just Carl venting personally. Parristol's abrupt annexation by Astralrealm was indeed lamentable, but what did it have to do with us? Simply put, we were the innocent victims caught up in their resistance against the kingdom!

Ah whatever, the culprit is dead anyway, no point dwelling on it further! However, I have zero goodwill towards the "Parristol Liberation Front" - not actively seeking trouble with them is merciful enough.