Vol 4/ Chapter 34 - Destined Calamity

"I'm not sure about that..."

Kurnel shook his head and replied.

"It was brought back by Lady Michelle from somewhere, supposedly created by one of her allies! While some think this thing is very useful for the Dark Continent, I disagree. At the very least, I absolutely do not want to be subservient to this thing!"

"Isn't that too mystical?"

I kicked the "corpse" on the ground, suddenly feeling a bit confused. This is a magical world, so why do all these strange technological products keep appearing?

Like the previous "Eye of Galadra", and now robots, what's next, Gundam?

I thought to myself, could Michelle's ally also be a transmigrator?

From the available information, it seems these technological creations were likely secretly made. But even with that assumption, there are still many doubts. The level of technology is far higher than this world's.

And with just the abilities of a single transmigrator, no matter how super genius they were before, it's hard to imagine achieving this.

"So you were thinking of using us to get rid of this guy from the beginning?"

Seeing Kurnel sit on the ground and start resting, seemingly with no wariness of me and Nicola, I couldn't help but frown slightly.

"Why do you trust us so much, just because we've interacted once before?"

"That's just one reason. Actually, I wasn't too sure at first. But when I was at a disadvantage, you were still willing to stop and listen to me..."

Kurnel lifted his head and thought for a bit before replying.

"Based on my experiences, other angels would absolutely not do this! It was only then that I realized I could take this chance to utilize you..."

"A lizard that can think this much?"

Hearing this, Nicola seemed a bit incredulous. She then immediately turned to ask me,

"What past interactions have you had? He might have some ulterior motives..."

"Hey bird! What do you mean, am I easy to bully? I'm just temporarily lowering my stance to cooperate with you, don't think I've surrendered! Otherwise do you want to fight again?"

Hearing this, Kurnel was immediately unhappy. He jumped up from the ground angrily, axe in hand, shouting at Nicola in the sky.

"Come on then! Let's see who's stronger!"

Nicola was also fearless. Despite being heavily injured and continuously bleeding, she still looked unwilling to back down, intent on determining a victor.

"Are you crazy? In this state you still want to compete? Although he's a monster, we're not enemies. Why make things so stiff?"

I quickly flew up to use healing magic on Nicola's wounds. The tempers of monsters are so volatile, Kurnel restraining from swinging his axe was already considered controlled.

"And you don't like attacking magic, fine, but why don't you even learn some healing magic? What if you get injured? At least heal yourself a bit!"

"It's fine, I have you to treat me!"

Hearing her casual reply, I was a bit speechless. I could only sternly point out,

"What if I'm not around? Or if you're alone, what would you do? Have you thought about how serious this is!"