Vol 4/ Chapter 127: Swap, Sneak in

Close to midnight, we finally reached the peak of a mountain in the Dona Mountain Range.

Although the area under foot was rugged and uneven terrain in the mountains, the scene before our eyes was completely different! Illuminated by the moonlight, we could see an extremely vast depression, forming a very standard basin compared to the surrounding elevation. Parristol was situated at the flat bottom of this basin.

From my current position, I could overlook the entire city. I could clearly see that Parristol city was circular in shape, with an extremely tall city wall built around the outermost perimeter. The city scale wasn't too large. However, the city area was pitch black at the moment, eerily silent, with only a few scattered lights visible and almost no buildings in sight.

"Why is it so dead? Did everyone go to sleep?"
Cyra yawned, unable to help wondering.

"But it's not even midnight yet, there should be more than just these few lights on, right?"

"Indeed, it's very abnormal. As a border intersection for several countries, Parristol is quite developed in commerce and trade. Entire streets are usually busy operating all night long, with a million lights shining! How could it become like this?"

Gazing at the scene below, Brennan couldn't help but immediately think of the worst possibility.

"Could they all have been..."

Involuntarily recalling the situation in the previous village, everyone's expressions changed.

"Don't scare us! It's not that exaggerated. Maybe due to declaring independence, facing imminent war with the kingdom, they specially imposed a curfew under that pressure?"

Yulanda quickly spoke up to reassure them, but upon saying it, she shook her head, negating her own viewpoint.

"No, that doesn't seem right either...a curfew shouldn't mean so few lights too!"

"Why don't we just proceed according to plan and check out the city? We can figure out the situation then."

After some thought, since staying here guessing was pointless, I turned to Reed standing behind me with the suggestion.

"Of course, but you all should retract your wings after entering the city area. Since there may be monsters present inside, it's best to be cautious!"

Reed naturally wouldn't object, conducting reconnaissance under the night was her own proposal. But before departing, she reminded us to stay safe.

As for the team members, with Parristol having a city wall as an obstacle, the task of sneaking into the city could only fall to us angels!

After all, entering through irregular means was convenient if you could fly!

However, for concealment and safety, we couldn't have all four angels going together. The most reasonable arrangement was to move in pairs. But there was a small disagreement in deciding the members.

Logically, Mia and I were the most suitable choices. However, Mia insisted on not leaving Reed's side, her top priority being ensuring Reed's safety in this dangerous place. She absolutely refused to be even a step away from Reed.

But we couldn't have her and Reed on the frontlines either...no matter how you looked at it, that wasn't appropriate. Reed was a two-winged angel who had never fought before, so the responsibility fell to Cyra and me by default.

I didn't mind, but I was extremely uneasy about that Cyra. I was considering just going alone when Cysper volunteered, claiming he had a better solution!