62 - Echoes of Destiny

With the rain pouring down relentlessly, Ishaan and Savi huddled close together as they worked to assess the car's condition. Despite their efforts, the problem remained elusive, obscured by the darkness and the roar of the storm.

Ishaan's brow furrowed in frustration as he tried to make sense of the engine's stubborn refusal to start.

Ishaan: "It's no use. I can't figure out what's wrong. We'll have to wait for the rain to let up before we can try anything else."

Savi nodded, her nerves on edge as she cast anxious glances into the surrounding darkness.

But then, unexpectedly, her demeanor changed. Her eyes flashed with an unsettling intensity, and her voice took on a cold, menacing tone.

Savi: "Mr Ishaan Bhosle, you thought you could hide the truth from me, didn't you? But I know everything now. I know about Ramtek."

Ishaan's heart skipped a beat at the mention of the incident that had haunted him for years. He felt a surge of panic rise within him, knowing that his darkest secret was about to be exposed.

Ishaan: "Savi, please. I can explain, I mean I have already shared everything in that letter which you have read and then only we have taken our relationship seriously."

But Savi ignored his pleas, her gaze fixed on him with unwavering determination.

Savi: "You confessed everything in that letter, didn't you? How you accidentally caused the death of my family with Samrudh's bullet. Then why you tear that letter and hide the first half in your father's diary?"

Ishaan's confusion deepened, his mind racing to understand Savi's accusations.

Ishaan: "Savi, where did my father come into this? I don't understand what you're telling me right now and why."

Savi: "I discovered the torn letter while staying at your father's house, preparing for my exams. It hurt me deeply, Ishaan. I loved you, but the betrayal cut me to the core. I planned to make you pay for what you did, to make you suffer as I have. I will just KILL you."

Savi's voice trembled with rage as tears streamed down her cheeks. She stood up abruptly, her hands clenched into fists, and struck Ishaan's chest before collapsing to the ground, overcome by emotion.

Ishaan, stunned by Savi's outburst, realized the depth of her pain. He recalled the moment where he had kept a truth and love confession letter in the books to be given to Savi and handed it over to Shantanu. His father would have done it intentionally to save their relationship but he was unhappy with it and more upset seeing Savi's state.

Kneeling beside her, Ishaan gently lifted Savi's tear-streaked face, cupped her cheeks, fixed her wet hair and said, "Savi, I never had any wrong intentions, not even now. Punish me if you must. I am your culprit. Throw me off the cliff if it eases your pain."

Savi's sobs grew louder, her anger giving way to sorrow.

Savi: "I will KILL you for sure but I cannot. Because despite everything, I still love you."

As Savi's voice wavered, tears welled up in her eyes, reflecting the turmoil raging within her. She struggled to reconcile her feelings of love with the pain of betrayal, torn between the desire for revenge and the longing for reconciliation.

He holds her in his embrace and says, "Savi, till today I always think instead of your family I should have died."

THE WORDS ECHOED IN THE GHATS OF LONAVALA

Savi comes out of the embrace and says, "I hate you but I love you, as I had said once, if anyone dares to harm you, they'll have to walk over my dead body first."

THE WORDS ECHOED IN THE GHATS OF LONAVALA

Who knows what destiny has in store for them, or why and how?

---------

Where these two souls were trying hard to cope with their intense situation, as they sat in the darkness, a chill wind swept through the night, carrying with it a sense of foreboding.

One car took a U-turn and started heading towards them, the same shadows that had been following them emerging from the dark.

Where the threat was lurking upon ISHVI, somewhere far away, in a Vitthal Rukamni temple, the bells started ringing on their own due to the winds.

The screen splits on the car approaching IshVi and the pious murti of Vitthal Rukmani!

To be continued... (Fight on the hills)