I HATE WANNABE ELSA

I HATE WANNABE ELSA

[NAME]

Leo and I ended up in a strange adventure with Calais, running around the Hotel and finding the showers (which had lovely warm water that I relished, even letting myself get wet), then having our clothes freshly washed and ready when we got out. Hell, I even had some spare time to do my hair.

By the time we got back to the icy room, I had calmed down from my interaction with the ice princess, and resorted to entertaining Cal by making random shapes with water, to which Leo would always try to make me drop. I created a giant water shark to chase him around in retaliation. Cal loved it.

I sighed as I called back the water, relaxing into my (yes I was claiming it as my own) red jacket, the material somehow thick enough to shield me from the harsh weather, which seemed to target only me in terms of wind. The tips of my fingertips were turning blue.

"How do I look?" Leo suddenly asked, causing me to turn around and look at him.

Leo had done his hair as well, perfectly conditioning it and letting his curls flow down his face. His dimples were symmetrical, as usual, and his smile was as annoying, as usual. He was a huge fucking dork.

"Stupid," I said. "Keep it up!"

Leo pouted. "Oh, come on! I'm trying!"

"Try harder—"

"They're back!" Cal said. "Yay!"

Leo and I whipped our heads toward the stairs, where Piper and Jason were coming down, the icy girl leading them.

Leo started combing his hair back with his hands. I rolled my eyes at the icy monstrosity in front of me, trying to get him to stop.

At the bottom step, Elsa turned to Piper. "You have fooled my father, girl. But you have not fooled me. We are not done. And you, Jason Grace, I will see you as a statue in the throne room soon enough."

"Boreas is right," Jason said. "You're a spoiled kid. See you around, ice princess."

Icy's eyes flared pure white. For once, she seemed at a loss for words. Narrowing her eyes at me as I held back my snickers, she stormed back up the stairs—literally. Halfway up, she turned into a blizzard and disappeared. A shard of ice flew from her and nicked my side. Targeted, no doubt. Worth it nonetheless.

"What was that all about?" I asked with a hiss. Jason just shook his head, telling me that the story would come later.

"Be careful," Zethes warned. "She never forgets an insult."