SANTA'S WORKSHOP

SANTA'S WORKSHOP

[NAME]

————————

Looking back on it, it was kind of my fault.

I mean, I knew I feared heights, and I still agreed to ride a flying mechanical dragon. Though, it never occurred to me how scary flying was. I had never flown on a plane before, or had any sort of air travel (not including that one fight). I could barely even stand tall buildings or tall mountains. Though, disliking heights wasn't necessarily my fault, (although she always made it out to be), but I never really thought about how bad it would be until I didn't have the rush of adrenaline keeping me from thinking about becoming a pancake.

The moment the dragon flapped its wings, I felt my stomach lurch. I totally didn't scream, or hold onto Leo so tight that I felt his back pop. I totally didn't close my eyes shut, or beg Jupiter (Zeus, whatever) to not strike me down again. Just don't ask Leo.

If I'm being honest, it might've been a very nice, calm, and peaceful ride, maybe the view would be wonderful. However, I was too busy trying to distract myself from World War Three going on in my stomach.

"[Name]!" Leo shouted, obviously excited. "Isn't this so cool?!?"

"Yeah..!" I gasped out, squeezing my eyes shut. "So cool.."

Leo turned his head to look at me, which in turn shifted his whole body the slightest bit. I clung onto his shirt a little tighter. "Are you good—"

"I'm fine!" I yelped. "Quit—Quit moving..!"

He didn't move. Leo lightly patted Festus's neck and said, "Hey man, we might need to do an emergency landing for the sea princess."

I would've rolled my eyes if I wasn't scared of falling off the side and dying. "Yeah.. Water's good.."

Festus let out a huffing sound, and I could feel us slowly descending. Once I was able to hear more voices and screams  was when I figured it was safe for me to open my eyes. What I also heard was the sound of a conch being blown, and this time, not for dinner.

Festus seemed to have landed in the middle of all the cabins where, coincidentally, was where most of the campers were. In fact, it looked like almost all of the campers were up and out of their cabins, donned in a mixture of pajamas and armor. We were surrounded by teens trained to kill threats on sight—and several were armed with bows and arrows, spears and swords. Fun.

Once he landed, Leo screamed, "We come in peace! Don't shoot!"

Now that all the attention was on Leo and we were on solid ground, I felt a wave of nausea hit me like a truck, and I stumbled off of the mechanical beast, swallowing it down hurriedly. The campers kept their weapons trained on the dragon.