I HATE DREAMING , AND MAKING CHOICES

[NAME]

He struck a pose, "I just turned six!! I'm practically a big kid now!" I gasped in awe, "Luckyyy.. I'm five, I turn six in uhm..." I thought about it, before confidently holding up my fingers. "This long!!"

He pointed a finger at me, snickering. "Haha, I'm older!!!"

"That just means you have more cooties!!"

"WHAT?!?!"

————————

Demigod dreams are the worst.

As soon as my head hit my pillow, I knocked out, which was a surprise, I didn't usually sleep that easily.

First red flag.

I was falling through the air, sending a funny feeling in my gut as I screamed, thrashing around as I attempted to calm myself, my heart pounding furiously. I hate heights. Lightning flashed all around me, and I swallowed down the burning feeling in my throat, breathing rapidly. The scar on my right hip tingled. I hate heights. I hate lightning. This is fun, yippee me.

"My dear soldier," A voice cooed, it could've sounded motherly (—or what I think would be motherly), "You must be so tired of fighting"

I snarled, still thrashing around in the air as I attempted to keep the tremor out of my voice. "Who are you?!? Show yourself you filius—" The voice tutted, coming from everywhere and nowhere at once. "No need for such harsh words, Guard, that didn't help the rest of your squad, did it?" The hair on my arms stood up, and I tensed. How did she— "I just want to help you"

I barked a laugh, my tone cold. "As if—no one offers help without wanting something in return." The voice hummed, sounding amused. "Ever the bright one, bellator, I suppose that's why you're the you're the—"

"Don't." I hissed, my eyes frantically looking around for a way to stop myself as I watched the ground grow nearer, the rapid winds stinging my eyes. The voice just laughed, and as I flipped towards the ground, and I swear I saw a face appear in the dirt, smiling mockingly at me.

"We will meet again, [Name] [Last Name], hopefully on the same side." She smiled, and I heard the sky rumble, fear flashing in my eyes as lightning struck me like before, my hip burning at the reminder. I felt every nerve of my body tingling with never ending pain, the surge of electricity being too much for my body to handle. I couldn't even scream.