6-2: AESTHETICS OF HATE

Sanemi was the first to fall, but oddly, the others didn't come immediately. So, he used these ten minutes alone to practice his skills for the upcoming fight.

"I see someone's energized." Tengen said, seeing Sanemi as he fell down.

"Why wouldn't I be? Don't you remember our first fight with Gabriel? We all got our asses beat." Sanemi replied, sheathing his sword. "When are the others gonna get here?"

"They're doing rock paper scissors on who falls next; they're a bit bored." Tengen said.

"Does that mean you lost first?"

"Look, I'm telling you, they cheated in some way! I never lose first!", Tengen stated. "That wasn't my fault, alright?"

"Whatever you say." Sanemi said as Giyu suddenly came down from the hellevator, sighing.

"..You lost, didn't you?"

"That doesn't matter." Giyu said, walking past the two demon slayers and walking in front of the door, stopping as it opened, revealing a large red room with pillars on the side. At the same moment, Mitsuri fell from the hellevator next, pouting her cheeks about her loss. The others came one by one, Rengoku being the last one to fall.

"No fair.." Mitsuri pouted, walking into the red room.

"Limbo"

Mitsuri quickly paused as Gabriel's voice rang from above them without warning, the familiar angelic presence of his faintly emanating into their surroundings.

"Lust"

"All gone..."

"Yeah, that's sort of our fault.." Muichiro said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"With Gluttony soon to follow."

"Ugh, don't remind me of that place." Sanemi scoffed. "It was disgusting, and that Prime Sanctum certainly didn't make matters better.."

"Your kind no nothing but hunger"

"Purged all life on the upper layers"

"And yet they remain unsatiated..."

"Wait, there's other demon slayers here?", Tengen asked, confused.

"So the Corps did send search units after us.." Obanai muttered. "I'm not sure how they found us here, though.."

"As do you."

"In our defense, those demons attacked us first!" Mitsuri said. "We were just practicing self-defense!"

"You've taken everything from me, slayers"

"And now all that remains is"

"PERFECT"

"HATRED"

"Looks like someone's angry~" Shinobu teased, entering another room where several platforms were present.

"What is he even talking about?" Sanemi asked, jumping across the platforms. "We didn't take shit from him, and he attacked us first anyway."

"His pride, probably." Tengen replied as beautiful organ music started playing around them. "That just means we brought him down to size, and we'll do it again if he's here."

After crossing a few more rooms and obstacles, the final room awaited. At the very end was Gabriel, sitting down and playing on his pipe organ. Muichiro crossed the checkpoint, taking a step inside the arena-esque room.

"We've done it once; we can do it again.", Muichiro said, unsheathing his sword.

"..Here we go!", said Tengen dramatically, taking the blades from his back and running at Gabriel. Once he got close enough, however, Gabriel quickly stood up from his seat, causing Tengen to pause and take a step back, swords raised defensively.