5-1: IN THE WAKE OF POSEIDON

Shinobu was the first to descend down into the next layer. While waiting for the others, she tested out her Whiplash and started doing tricks with it, at least until Rengoku made his descent as well.

"Greetings, Rengoku~", Shinobu said as he dusted himself off. "How are the others? They're not too injured, are they?"

"They shouldn't be, fortunately!", he replied. "Speaking of them, they should be here in a few seconds.."

Almost as if it was on cue, Sanemi fell down as well as Tengen, Giyu, Mitsuri, Obanai, Gyomei, and Muichiro.

"Ah, there we are!", Rengoku smiled, looking at the other Hashira. "Just like I said!"

"I suppose we're ready then?", said Shinobu, readying her Whiplash.

"Yep, let's go!", Tengen said, walking through the start room's door. Immediately, he noticed a change when he was hit with a cold breeze rather than the hot winds of Greed. It appeared they were in a cave of some sort.

"Finally, it's not impossibly hot anymore..", Obanai sighed in relief as they walked forward, leading to a lower elevation. Shinobu jumped down, where she saw a green orb at the top of an opening. Using her Whiplash, she hooked onto it and easily brought herself to the orb, where the others took a little more time to get where Shinobu was.

"I must say, this green arm that V2 dropped is incredibly useful!", Shinobu smiled as they progressed forward into the cave, where their spaces got a bit tighter.

"Careful, everyone.", Tengen called out as he narrowed his way through the cave system. "Wouldn't want to get any more injuries than we already had."

As they got through the narrow areas, they reached a part where the ground was lightly enveloped in cold water. Above them was a blue orb. This was a problem for the other Hashira, as it would take them a considerable amount of time to reach the very top.. except Shinobu, who slingshotted herself up to the top of the cave without any difficulty.

"Shinobu! Do you mind tossing that grappling hook arm thing to us so we can each reach the top?", Rengoku called out. Shinobu gave a small nod and tossed the Whiplash down, where Rengoku caught it and slingshotted himself up as well. He then threw it down to Muichiro. This went on until the very last Hashira (which was Gyomei) reached the top of the cave. With that, they moved forward to a sudden hole in the ground.

"It looks like there's water at the bottom.", Obanai said, looking into the hole. "Sigh, guess I'm getting a bit wet.."

Obanai soon realized that "a bit wet" was an understatement as soon as he dropped down, where he entered a large city-like area. The entire place was FILLED with water, from top to bottom. Not knowing this, the others dropped down as well with no hesitation. Obanai pointed to a door locked by three blue pedestals, as well as three other doors with a blue skull picture on top of them. As Tengen walked forward on a broken bridge, two Drones, two Strays, four Soldiers, and a Virtue spawned.

Rengoku thought fast due to their limited breathing time and fired his Malicious Railcannon at an explosive round he shot from the Core Eject, wiping out the weaker enemies and leaving only the Virtue alive, albeit in critical condition. Sanemi mowed it down with his Overheat, unlocking all three of the doors. Rengoku went to the left door, which momentarily led to a tunnel with no water, finally giving him and the others when they entered breathing time.

"Ahh, finally! I thought I was going to fucking drown..", Sanemi sighed in relief, taking in a large breath of oxygen.

"Well, we're not done yet..", Muichiro said as he looked to the end of the hallway, revealing another room filled with water. "We should probably prepare.."