2-1: BRIDGEBURNER

"Nngh.. what happened?", Tengen muttered, slowly opening his eyes to the familiar sight of the start room.

"You were passed out.", Gyomei replied, lending a hand for Tengen to grab. "Do you remember the fight?"

"Oh, yeah, that red robot thing..", Tengen recalled. "What happened to it?"

"Muichiro managed to make it retreat."

"Muichiro? But he's injured, how could he even fight?", Tengen remarked. "He must've done something stupid.."

"He fought, even with his injury. Muichiro is a valiant one.", Gyomei said. "He's by the terminal, passed out."

Tengen sighed as he slowly got up with a pained grunt. He walked over to Muichiro, checking his body to see if he was okay. Muichiro's body slowly stirred at Tengen's touch.

"Nngh.. Tengen?", Muichiro muttered, his eyes slowly fluttering open.

"You did great, Muichiro. Good job.", Tengen said, patting Muichiro's head a bit.

"..Is everyone still asleep?"

Tengen was startled a bit by the sudden voice. He looked over to find Giyu, leaning against a wall and waiting for everyone to wake up. "How long were you here for?", Tengen asked, still keeping his eyes on Muichiro.

"I forgot the time.", Giyu replied. "My injuries aren't that bad, though."

"That's good.", Tengen said, seeing Mitsuri and Sanemi wake up next. "Everyone should be up in a couple of minutes, though."

Soon, Shinobu, Obanai, and Rengoku regained consciousness as Tengen faced the door in front of them. "Right, here we go again. Is everyone ready?"

With a small nod from everyone, Tengen opened the door, seeing a dim hallway with puddles of water in the middle; real water. "Huh, that's new.."

"What if we're somewhere completely different? Like how we transitioned from that one gray area to the sunshine place? Is that too farfetched?", Mitsuri suggested.

"Seems the same to me.", Sanemi said, looking at the walls and ceiling. "I admit, it's a bit darker, though."

The Hashira turned a few corners and came across a unique circular-like door. Once they went through it, they saw two pillars for them to jump on. As Rengoku did, a Schism and two Strays spawned on top of the pillars.

"Flame Breathing, First Form: Unknowing Fire!"

Rengoku dashed forward to the next pillar, slashing in a circular motion and killing both Strays. The Schism charged up its attack, but was kicked off into the void by Rengoku. He signaled the others to keep moving, as he kept ascending above the tower. Two Drones spawned once they reached a certain point, but Sanemi tricked one of them into firing its projectiles at the other Drone, and he took care of the last one himself. Once they reached a small box-like part of the tower, four Strays spawned in each corner.

Sanemi sighed as he was surrounded. "I'm too tired from fighting that damn robot for you bastards..", he scoffed, grabbing a Stray and throwing it at the other two, causing them to fall to their demise. Finally, they reached what appeared to be the final part of the tower, as Giyu took the lead and walked through a checkpoint. Two Schisms blocked the door in front of them, as their hands filled with hell energy.

"Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash."

Giyu's blade struck and sliced both Schisms in half, leaving the front door unguarded. As Giyu walked forward, he stepped on something that suddenly launched him up in the air, bringing him to an entirely new surrounding. There were luxurious city lights below him, the sky was purple, and most frighteningly, there was something ginormous in the far back, its eyes shining down on the ground. Giyu landed on a bridge of some sort, as the others were launched up like he was and fell near him.