4-3: A SHOT IN THE DARK

"I don't like this already..", Sanemi said as he exited the start room and saw a torch on a pedestal in front of him, reminiscent of the torch in P-1. He grabbed it and walked forward, the torch illuminating his surroundings. He soon came across a door with a fire pit in front of it.

"..It's locked.", Giyu said as he tried opening the door to no avail. "Try putting the torch on the fire pit, see if that works."

As Sanemi did, the torch lit the pedestal on fire, effectively producing a green flame on it, as the door opened soon enough. Sanemi grabbed the torch again and walked through. "This'll come in handy.."

As they went through the door, there were three paths to choose from; one to the right, one to the left, and one in the middle. Sanemi gave Obanai the torch as he walked through the right path.

"It's dark here..", Obanai muttered, the torch granting limited visibility. "I thought we were in the desert, it's supposed to be bright."

As Obanai and the others blindly walked around for a few more moments, they eventually discovered a walkway above the floor, which Obanai got onto. It eventually led to a fire pit, and as Obanai lit it up, six Filth and five Strays spawned in to greet him.

"Serpent Breathing, Fifth Form: Slithering Serpent."

As Obanai's body twisted and turned, his sword decapitated every Filth that ran at him at once. His attention turned to the Strays as the last Filth fell, but Rengoku took care of it with a shot from his Malicious Railcannon.

"Nicely done!", Tengen said, patting Rengoku's back as they made their way back to the start, this time going through the left path. Through it were multiple connected hallways and fire pits, which unlocked doors that led to even more hallways. Eventually, they made it to a fire pit that spawned three Soldiers and two Schisms before Obanai had a chance to light the pit up.

"Mist Breathing, Third Form: Scattering Mist Splash."

Muichiro performed a powerful swift circular slash that decapitated most of the enemies, leaving only a Soldier and a Schism. Muichiro took out his Pump Charge, charged it up two times, and fired at both husks, effectively killing them.

"I've been waiting to use that..", Muichiro said, examining the Pump Charge and putting it away. As Obanai lit the fire pit up, a small rumble could be felt throughout the area, until it momentarily stopped.

"What do you think that was?", Shinobu asked, looking around at her surroundings. "Nothing seems to have changed.."

"Then it's probably nothing.", Obanai replied, walking out of the room and venturing further into the darkness. After wandering into already-explored areas, they finally reached a large square room with four fire pits present. When Obanai lit one up, the pit rose to the ceiling on a square pillar, and a Malicious Face and four Drones spawned. Obanai shot the Malicious Face with his Screwdriver Railcannon, slowly damaging it as Tengen rushed forward and slashed apart two Drones, hurling them at the Face and causing a large explosion that took it down.

"Wind Breathing, Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind!"

Sanemi took care of the final two Drones by performing three slashes that took both of them down. Sanemi deflected their bodies into a nearby wall as they tried to use their kamikaze explosion.

"Everyone ready?", Obanai asked as he lit up the second fire pit, awakening two Cerberi and summoning a Stalker. The latter self-destructed, covering the two statues in sand.

"I've got this!", Rengoku exclaimed as he fired an explosive round with the Core Eject and fired the Malicious Railcannon at it, causing a massive explosion that instantly took down both Cerberi at the same time.