4-2: GOD DAMN THE SUN

"Jesus Christ, we're rich with P!"

Tengen's eyes widened as he checked the terminal, having saved up around 400,000 P since the last time they checked. He bought the Screwdriver Railcannon for 100,000 P, the Malicious Railcannon for another 100,000 P, and the Overheat Nailgun for 25,000 P.

"Do we really need this many weapons?", Obanai asked as he took the Screwdriver.

"No, but they might come in handy!", Rengoku replied, taking the Malicious.

Sanemi took the Overheat, and with that, Giyu exited the start room, revealing a more desert-like surrounding, and two platforms in which four Filth spawned on each. Sanemi aimed the Overheat at them, but not before the Filths were quickly set aflame and killed the second they made contact with the sand.

"The hell? How hot is this sand?", Sanemi asked, putting down the Overheat and looking at it curiously.

"I suppose it'd be better not to touch it, if we don't want to end up like those demons.", Shinobu said, jumping to the next platform with ease. As the others caught up with her and progressed forward, two Strays spawned on top of different columns, which Tengen killed using his Piercer. As they reached a bigger platform, the Cerberi on it awakened. Weirdly, it was covered in sand.

"Time to test this thing out..", Obanai said, aiming the Railgun at the Cerberus and firing. It fired a drill, which stuck onto the Cerberus and continued damaging the statue as Obanai dodged the Cerberus's attempt to ram into him.

"Shouldn't it be bleeding out excessively because of the drill?", Muichiro said, slicing at the Cerberus and turning it into rubble.

"I guess enemies covered in sand don't bleed; not that it matters much.", Tengen said, progressing forward.

"Jesus, it's hot here..", Sanemi said, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

"We're literally in a desert, what do you expect?", Obanai replied.

"I know, but I feel like it's hotter than normal for some reason.", Sanemi responded, keeping up with Tengen.

"..Yeah, because we're in a dese-"

"Shut up."

Soon, the Hashira reached the next stretch, in which a Malicious Face covered in sand appeared, along with two Soldiers to the side of it. Rengoku raised his Malicious Railcannon and fired at the ground, killing the Soldiers and making the Face fall to the ground instantly.

"Interesting!", Rengoku said, examining the Malicious. "Although this is a bit too much destruction for my liking.."

As the Hashira progressed forward and got on some sort of building, a Virtue and Malicious Face spawned, followed by three Soldiers and five Filth; both groups were covered in sand. Mitsuri swung her whip-blade at the group of Filth, slashing horizontally and killing all of them while also hitting a Soldier in the process. The Malicious Face fired its laser, which Tengen deflected into the Virtue, destroying it instantly.

"Serpent Breathing, First Form: Winding Serpent Slash."

With a small dash, Obanai decapitated the remaining two Soldiers, sand coating his blade. As the final Soldier dropped, a bridge was raised that led to a solarium.

"Why are the enemies here being covered in sand now?", Sanemi asked while walking on the bridge. "I don't see how that makes fights any harder."

Tengen shrugged as they reached the entrance of the solarium. It was blocked off, but inside, they could see a Malicious Face in the air and two unknown entities alongside it that seemed to be carrying barrels on their back. Several beeping noises came from them, and soon enough, their barrel exploded, killing them and covering the Malicious Face in sand as well. The entrance opened, leading to the Malicious Face to attack the Hashira.