Chapter Five

~ Jacob's P.O.V ~

A breeze crawled down my back as I tried to roll over. It seemed to be physically impossible every time I pushed forward. My hands grasped around in search of my blanket, only to grab hold of something that felt oddly enough like a body part...

My eyes shot open and I sat up straight. The first thing I noticed was a foot poking out the bottom of my duvet. It was moving around, which didn't seem quite right considering I just thought I had murdered someone and scattered their body parts in my room. Alcohol can really fuck you up. I followed the duvet up until I could see stray hairs poking out of the top of the quilt. I was quite shocked to say the least - first there was a girl in my bed. Second I almost thought I was going to be arrested for decapitation. Thirdly, the girl was completely wrapped up, leaving me to freeze my ass off.

I huffed and gave her a push. She groaned slightly, her arm shooting out of the duvet and swaying at me. I laughed slightly, finding it humorous that she was trying to sleep kill me. I tried to pull the quilt out from underneath her, roll her on the floor and see the look on her face when she's freezing her ass off instead of the other way round. All I got was another sway of her arm, and then a scolding.

"Jacob, if you try roll me out of my burrito blanket I swear to god." She grumbled before stifling a yawn. "Can't you just, like, go back to sleep?"

"Whoever you are, you have all my quilt!" I scowled. "Give it back and get out of my bed."

She sat up slightly, revealing her face and smiling goofily. I stared at her in disbelief and yanked the quilt out of her grasp. Thank god, she was fully clothed. "Grace, what the hell?!"

"Hey don't look at me, drunk ass." She frowned. "You wouldn't let me sleep in my own damn bed." She swatted at me again and sunk back into the quilt. "Don't worry, we didn't sleep together. I made sure of it lover boy."

"Lover boy?"

"Oh yeah, you declared your undying love for me last night. I'm your haribo princess." She yawned.

"I haven't called you that since I was six." I smiled slightly. "It was an honor marrying you under the pear tree in our old house."

"I knew you loved the wedding. I mean, our mums even arranged cupcakes with princesses and superheros on them."

For some reason, any disbelief or anger I had to seeing her in my bed had vanished. The way we were talking made me think about the time when we were younger. When I cared for her like a husband cared for his wife, like the moon encircled the earth; she was my gravitational pull. I wouldn't admit it but the feelings that I once had were buried somewhere inside of me - I just hadn't thought of letting them out. I couldn't be vulnerable.

I decided to lay back down next to her. She turned around to face me and we glanced at each other. Our smiles beaming at each other. This felt so right. You know how in the movies, they have one of those perfect moments? They guy holds the girl in his arms, kisses her until his last dying breathe, and they live happily ever after? Yeah this was not that moment.

The doorbell erupted through the house, causing me to jump slightly. I apologised to Grace, grabbed hold of my dressing gown and headed down the stairs with her trailing behind me. She stopped at the top of the stairs and sat on it as I wandered to the door. After glancing through the window my eyes made contact with Olivia's and then up at RIley. I yanked open the door and stared down at her.

"Jacob I-" She began. I heard a groan from behind me, Grace was staring at her.

"What? It's like 7am Olivia." I nodded towards Riley and he entered the house. Olivia stared at me for a moment, her mouth agape.