𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Shoot.

It missed.

Alana huffed and looked at her bow sadly. She heard something behind her and they slowly wrapped an arm around her. "Lana," she said softly. The archer glanced over to Clarisse and leaned against her. "What's up with you?"

"What do you mean? I'm fine," Alana lied.

The daughter of Ares shot her a look. "Starshine you just missed. An arrow you shot just missed. Think about that."

"I-" the huntress stopped to think of a response. "I don't know... I'm tired. I feel like-" she coughed, cutting herself off.

Clarisse's eyebrows furrowed and she brought her hand to the other girl's forehead. "I think you have a fever."

"Oh! That would make sense," Alana muttered.

The curly haired girl softly laughed and nudged her best friend. "Come on, let's go to your cabin."

"Will you stay with me, Risse?"

"Of course, Starshine."

Annabeth and Grover jolted back as Alana suddenly shot straight up. She hadn't been out long, maybe a minute, but it was enough to scare her sister.

"Alana! Never do that again!" Annabeth jumped onto her best friend to give her a hug.

Alana laughed and held her close. "I didn't know I could do that." She also felt a lot better now. Power naps do the trick, man. Or, maybe it was the shadow thing... she didn't know.

Grover smiled at her. "We're glad you're up now. Wait, where's Percy?"

The archer inhaled sharply and looked up. "Um, he fell."

"What?!"

"But like there was this water! I don't know where it came from but I saw it! It was probably his dad," Alana tried to explain.

Annabeth pulled back as her and Grover looked at the daughter of Artemis like she was insane. Annabeth just blinked at her. Grover said, "Alana, are you sure you're not delusional? I mean you were just passed out and..."

"No I swear! He's down there! He's gotta be ok!" The huntress insisted.

Annabeth got up and offered a hand to her best friend. "Well no matter what we have to get out of here. And I agree, Percy's gotta be ok."

                     ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

They stood with all of the other people that evacuated along with police officers and first responders. Some of the officers were staring at them weirdly, making Alana uncomfortable.

"They're looking at us," Grover muttered.

"We should get out of here," Alana suggested, stepping backwards.

Annabeth finally seemed to pay attention. "Come on, we should go find Percy."

"Annabeth," the satyr sighed.

Alana turned and motioned for the other two to follow. "Come on. He's alive."

"I know it." Annabeth whispered.

They were now wandering St. Louis, yelling for Percy. Alana was looking over every railing that was next to water, she knew she saw that right. Eventually Annabeth stopped walking, making the other two stop. They looked ahead to see Percy climbing over a railing and onto the walkway. They stared at him in slight disbelief. The blonde awkwardly waved to them. "Hi," he grinned. The three quickly walked towards him as he started talking. "Look, I'm sorry about shoving you in the stairwell. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but I just... I knew you'd never agree, and there wasn't enough time..."