𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

A loud crack was heard outside of the Artemis cabin, making Clarisse stop to go in. "Lana? You alright in here starshine?"

An emotional gasp was heard, but nothing else, worrying Clarisse. She ran into Alana's bedroom and saw her staring at her guitar with her hands over her mouth and watery eyes. She walked closer to see a visible crack down the center of it, the paint chipped slightly. Clarisse gasped quietly and made eye contact with Alana. "Oh Allie..."

Clarisse wrapped her arms around the shorter girl, one around her back and the other around her head. Alana just stood there. She was so close to not crying until Clarisse pulled her into a hug. Now she was just sobbing into the Ares girl's shoulder.

Alana stopped crying and pulled back from Clarisse with a sniffle. "What happened?" Clarisse asked.

"I dropped it," the huntress admitted. "I don't know how it cracked like that, but it did."

"It'll be ok," the curly haired girl assured, rubbing her back. "We'll get it fixed, I'll make sure of it."

Alana went to her cabin as quickly as possible to attempt things, before heading over to the pond in the woods. She was hoping to find someone there.

The sight of dark brown curls relieved the huntress. "Hey Risse," she whispered, sitting next to her.

"Go away," Clarisse snapped, not even looking at the other girl. She didn't want to say something she would regret in her angry state. The problem was that whenever Clarisse was upset, she got mad, and Alana knew that.

Alana smiled to herself and pulled out a welded and taped up spear. "I guess you don't want this then."

Clarisse turned to her and saw the spear her dad gave her sitting on the ground between them. She laughed to herself and smiled at Alana. "Lana, did you just duct tape it?"

"No, I had some of the Hephaestus kids help me weld it," The huntress huffed, pretending to be mad. "Silena is friends with some of them. I don't know how well it works or even if it'll last long, but I know how much it means to you."

The Ares girl picked up the spear and examined it. She almost started tearing up. Clarisse scooted closer to the Artemis girl and pulled her into a hug. Partially so no one saw her if she were to start crying. "I love you."

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

The words echoed in Alana's head.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

They didn't stop.

She said it so casually.

They're best friends.

It shouldn't phase her.

Then why did her cheeks get hot? Why did her skin tingle? Why did it feel like everything changed? And why was Alana still awake hours later thinking about it?

"Uh," Alana flushed immediately at Clarisse's words. "I love you too," she said quietly, jumbled together, as she pulled away from the taller girl. "I've uh gotta go. Bye Risse! Love- uh- I- UGH."

Worst of all why did she say that?! Alana groaned into her pillow, frustrated. Gods, Clarisse probably thinks she did something now, Alana thought.

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆