𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Weekly campfires were one of Alana's favorite camp traditions. Everyone sitting around being peaceful with one another was amazing. There was the occasional issue, but overall they were nice. Every night the Apollo cabin did a sing along, but on Saturdays everyone decided they should do a little more after.

Alana also liked getting dressed up for them. Being so close with the Aphrodite cabin, she was obliged to, they made sure of it. They settled on her wearing a pair of baggy black pants, a dark green corset top, a black leather jacket, and silver combat boots. Alana had embroidered a silver star onto the right side of her jacket. She was also wearing her star necklace with matching star earrings that she had been given for her birthday one year, as well as her necklace from her mom. The girls had braided her hair back and put a green bow in it. The bow was a signature touch of the Aphrodite cabin, anyone who they helped with an outfit got one somewhere.

Alana added some finishing touches to her makeup before following the Aphrodite children to the campfires.

"Hey guys!" The huntress practiced skipped over to the Apollo kids to help tune their instruments.

"Allie!"

One particular boy, Elias Hansen, came over and gave Alana a hug. He was the same age as her and the first friend her own age that Alana had ever made. The two were inseparable when they were younger and now have gossip sessions once a week about their lives. "Als, are you gonna play tonight?" He asked, grinning at her. They had been trying to convince her for years to play with them, but she always politely declined. She had almost said yes last week, so they decided to push harder this week.

Alana simply shook her head. "Not today guys, it's been a long week." A group of them nodded, understanding.

"Well thanks for helping us tune the instruments," one of the older girls said, taking the instrument Alana handed her.

The brunette smiled. "Anytime. I'll see you guys later!"

Night fell and Alana sat on the grass with Annabeth. Luke had been with them until a group of girl dragged him over with them. He was a girl magnet, although he always pretended he was oblivious to it. To be fair, Alana did the same thing sometimes. "I'm gonna go make some s'mores," Annabeth told Alana, standing up.

Alana nodded. "Don't burn yourself!" She warned everyone that. She had done it since she was 9 and accidentally burned herself so bad that she still had a scar 4 years later.

Annabeth just threw a thumbs up and walked away. She had gotten used to Alana moming her, even though they only had a 3 year age gap.

The huntress just sat there and peacefully hummed to the music. She heard whistling from behind her, not in tune to the music at all. She was about to turn around when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey Lana."

Alana turned to the voice and smiled. "Risse! I haven't seen you at one of these yet!"

Clarisse stood there in her oversized tee and baggy jeans and laughed lowly. How did she even know that? Does she actually pay that much attention? Why is she always wearing green? Maybe because it brings out her eyes... "Yeah, it's my first one. Usually I decide to train."

"So you took what I said seriously?" Alana smiled as the words came out of her mouth faster than she could think.

The curly haired girl didn't even think the huntress remembered saying that. "Uh... did you take what I said seriously."

Alana nodded. "Yes ma'am. I just told the Apollo cabin 'no' 10 minutes ago."

Clarisse laughed at her response. "Good."

The two sat there and listened to the singing for a while. It was comfortable, a few words being exchanged every so often. This was until Alana felt someone come to the other side of her.

"Heard you were supposed to be out there." Alana turned to see Xander and sighed while rolling her eyes. Clarisse sent him a glare.

"Not really," Alana replied bluntly. "I was asked, but I'm always asked."

Xander nodded, seemingly ignoring how both girls felt about him. "You should take them up on it. You've got a good voice."

The huntress made a face of disgust while Clarisse had to refrain from punching him. "Yo Dipshit. She would be playing guitar."

"That's hot," he commented, ignoring Clarisse and giving Alana a look. All Clarisse could think about was how Xander was 16. The girls were only 13.

Clarisse was ready to throw hands when Alana scooted closer to her and put an arm on her leg. "Is there a reason you're here?" The archer asked, annoyed.

"Yeah," he answered. "I wanted to talk to you."

Alana scrunched her face up into a very fake smile. "Cute. Well you did that, bye now!"

The Ares girl did everything possible to look more intimidating as she glared down at Xander. "You heard her."

The blonde just glared back at her, not noticing Alana getting up. "Take a hint Xander. I'm not interested."

Xander stood up too, placing a hand on Alana'a arm. "Alana-"

She smacked his arm away. "Don't fucking touch me."

"Don't be a bitch!" He screamed, calling attention to them. His whole demeanor changed the second Alana smacked him.

Clarisse stepped between Xander and Alana, putting a protective arm around the other girl. "Don't call her a bitch! You better back the fuck up before I fuck you up."

"Why the hell are you even in this? You two don't even like each other. You know what you're probably fucking in her cabin where no one can hear! She's always been a slut with all the boyfriends she's had and flirting with all those girls-"

Xander was cut off by a fist to his face. His hands flew up to his nose as it immediately started bleeding. Alana gasped, stepping back. She knew this was no where close to done and did not what the be in the crossfire. "Don't ever open your mouth again."

The Hephaestus boy glared and kicked Clarisse in the chest, knocking the wind out of her momentarily. She ignored the tightnesses in her lungs and repeatedly punched Xander, not caring where or how hard she was hitting him. That boy was a fucking problem and Clarisse would put him in his place. Xander just started punching the air in hopes he would hit the Ares girl. Eventually he did, he hit her right in the mouth, causing her lip to start bleeding.

Little did the three know, the entirety of camp saw that. They heard what Xander said and they saw Clarisse lose it on him. They didn't know what to do or when to jump in. If nothing happened soon, Xander would be no more.

Clarisse had Xander on the ground as she hit jaw so hard he started seeing stars. Alana grabbed Clarisse's shirt and pulled her off the boy. "Clar, I think he gets it now."

Clarisse stood up and looked at Alana, using the back of her hand to wipe the blood off her lip. "I fucking hate him."

The huntress walked closer to him and stuck her hand out. Clarisse watched in confusion and worry as she pulled Xander to his feet. Then, to everyone's surprise, Alana knocked him in face so hard that he fell back over.

The Ares girl grinned and pulled Alana into a hug. "Atta girl."

They pulled back and Alana laughed. "That felt so good."

The other campers looked at each other in confusion. Some decided to pretend they weren't paying attention, others turned to those who knew Alana and Clarisse the best for answers. The Ares cabin looked as confused as they were, as well as Luke and the Apollo cabin. The Aphrodite cabin was smirking at each other, while Annabeth was looking at them like she was trying to read their minds.

Finally, all the confused campers turned to Luke, the only confused one who could say anything. "What the hell?"

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

A/N: Clarisse fighting for Alana has me giggling and kicking my feet 🤭