Part 19

Paige's pov

I see Madeline go down the bleachers from the group of girls and go over to talk to Geno. "Quit being nosy" inês scowls making me laugh "just looking out for her" "mm of course you are" she giggles.

I turn to look back to spot Maddie who was now talking to Nika. I make my way over and they stop talking "woowwww that's so messed up you two need away time" I tell them as the girls have gotten so close over the past months.

"That was a joke Maddie saw you coming over and knew you'd be upset if we didn't tell you what we were talking about" they both laugh I simply roll my eyes at their what they called joke.

"Sooo what did coach want?" I ask Maddie "he introduced me to the girls soccer coach.... For NC state and she asked me if I'd like to go work for them for summer training and if I like it then I'd get spot out there"

"Oh wow" I say not really not knowing what to tell her. "Yeah I don't know G said he'll give me time off if I want to go feel it out" she says so casually. "Well I mean that'd be cool it widens the portfolio and you network more" she nods.

"Yeah I don't know I'll probably just go check it out for a tournament but I mean I love this team too much to leave" I finally let my sigh "yeah that'd be a great loss... for the team"

Nika starts laughing "for the team huh" Maddie playfully smacks her arm. "Oh shut up Nika" I laugh finally understanding what Nika meant.

"What about the girl who was that?" Nika asks making Maddie turn into the crowd and wave "Of course I'd look right as she's looking at us, she's a player on the soccer team" I look over to the girl who still had her eyes set on Maddie quickly I turn away before she catches my glances.

"apparently the players were the ones who suggested her to talk to me that's kinda crazy" "they see the good work" Nika praises.

"Yeah well we've got to get to work I have no equipment set up" Maddie says starting to walk over to her seat. "You sure she's not a stalker she keeps tracking your every moves" I tell her as I follow her and take a seat next to her.

——————

Madeline's pov

The first loosing game and the girls were beyond upset. I didn't feel in the mood to shoot while the girls weren't at their best so I called it a day.

"Great game" I hear from above me I look up at the stands and see Cecilia. "For state not so much for us" I try to joke. "Well yeah maybe, hey the girls and I are going to a bar for celebratory drinks you should come" "Too soon I'm still a little bitter" I scrunch my nose.

"Well I mean we won't make it about the win, take it more as getting to know the team" I turn to the girls around me "I don't think so I don't want to leave them" I tell her giving her a weak smile. "Well that's a bummer I would've totally loved if you tagged along maybe some other time?" I smile and nod.

Paige comes over and grabs my tote bag with equipment and stands to the side. "Ready?" She asks asks I nod and turn back to Cecilia"For sure again it was nice meeting you" "pleasure was all mine I'll be reaching out to you" she winks and walks off. "Was she flirting with me?" I ask Paige making her chuckle.

"Totally... you aren't going to answer are you?" "I have to but obviously I'd keep it friendly" "you don't have to" she says as we start walking off to the locker room. "How ya holding up bud?" "Ughhh you just reminded me about our loss" she groans. "I'm sorry love" I giggle "if it makes it any better you guys won in my head"

"That doesn't help but thanks for the attempt" we both laugh. "Ugh I just can't believe we lost like fuck I thought we were good" "you guys are but I mean first away game jitters babe you girls played amazingly".

As soon as we step into the locker room the girls are all quiet and doing their thing. "Geno thinks you should be the only one at the press for now" Aubrey tells Paige which causes Paige to groan.

"Cmon go change I'll put your stuff up" I tell her "I don't want to" "you have to now go change" she nods and heads off to change. 

"You girls did so good" I say breaking the silence "Maddie we lost" q chuckles "yeah but you guys put up a good fight it's literally one out of like fifty games you guys are going to bounce back this just means you girls have to go over the tapes and see what y'all can work on" I shrug putting away Paige's stuff in her duffel bag.

"That is true" kk says making me smile "ughh but that also means Geno is going to be on our ass" Aaliyah groans "true" Nika giggles. "Okay but it's nothing new" "should we go out for drinks" Caroline suggests making us all laugh.

——————