Part 9

A loud knock at the door is what I hear first thing waking up immediately alarming me making me get out of bed. "Maddie?" I hear a familiar tall blondes voice ring through the door. I make my way to the front door to open it.

"You scared the shit out of me" Paige says "you scared me and probably my neighbors with your loud ass banging" I say annoyed walking back to my room to lay on my bed.

"No need for the attitude" she says laying on the foot of my bed. "Paige it's literally nine in the morning on a Sunday" I groan "mhm and I wanted to hang out with you" "you should've texted or called" "I did and you didn't answer so I came here" she says calmly.

"I'm too tired to go out I stayed up all last night editing clips from first night"I say recalling Fridays big slam against teams that consisted of both women's and men's basketball. "And I'm still recovering from the celebrations after" I say. "Right we don't have to do any big thing" she shrugs. "Hold on let me get a little more presentable" I say standing up walking to my bathroom.

"I look like shit" I say looking into the mirror she walks in and stands directly behind me "you do not" "liar get out I want to do my morning routine" I direct and she does as said.

15 minutes go by and I had brushed my teeth, washed my face, done my whole skincare and combed out my hair so I walk back into bed falling onto Paige's body making me laugh as she groans.

"Hi good morning" I say peering up at her she smiles "hi" she smiles "so what do you want to do" I ask "oh you're not upset anymore" "I needed one on one with myself you caught me off guard have you had breakfast?" I ask her she nods in disagreement.

"Great I haven't either you want pancakes?... truthfully I don't care I want pancakes so that's what we're having" I say getting up but she pulls me back down and reaches her hands to my waist making me get nervous "Paige" I call quietly "Madeline?" "What are you doing Paige?" "I think we should lay here just a little bit longer" she says making me laugh.

"That'd be great but I'm hungry" I say kissing her cheek and running away to the kitchen. My heart was racing in my attempt to be bold with Paige. I smile to myself as I pull out all the things to make breakfast.

"I'm going to see you here anyway why run away" she says walking out sitting on the stool. "Here cut the fruit up" I say dodging her question handing her a cutting board along with a box of strawberries, dragonfruit and blueberries.

—————

"That was really good thank you" Paige says putting the dishes in the dish washer as I wipe down all the surfaces. "Of course thanks for helping me put it together" I say leaning on the counter watching her every move.

"I still don't feel like going out though" I tell her "mm yeah I'm not feeling it either" "back to bed it is" I say heading to my room and flopping onto my bed as Paige follows behind laying next to me. "Your birthday is in a week" I tell her. "Mhmm and our first game is the week right after" she says acknowledging the game more than her birthday.

"It's so crazy how you've been playing for majority of your life yet you're still not tired of it" "passion" she says rolling onto my chest. I start to play with her hair. "Paige how
does it feel to be speculated top pick for the wnba and you still haven't even had an official game back"

"I've been thinking about that actually" she says getting more comfortable "and I think i might take the extra year they're offering" i look at her surprised "oh my gosh Paige wow that's great I'm sure everyone's going to be so excited" I smile.

"Yeah i mean that opportunity will always be there and I this is my only chance at getting another year to play for UConn and I love my team even though it'd be without nika and Aaliyah" "they aren't taking it?" I ask she nods in disagreement.